SOUND ENGINEERS! Ideas NEEDED how to make more $$$ as an engineer!

• Members

Hello fellow sound engineers! :emoticon-misc-022:

Its crisis! The last year hasnt been fortunate for me so I decided to look at new ways to gain extra money doing what I like to do most. I reconsidered my position as a freelance sound engineer in order to find new ways to approach future clients in order to gain additional income/turnover. The article that got me jumpstarted: How sound engineers earn extra $$$

I got inspired by this article that was mindblowing because it was the most simple idea EVER!  I wonder if there are people on this forum that have simular or better idea's themselves so I would like to start a open discussion about ways that other Forum users use to gain additional revenues, how you do it and how you sell yourself doing it! 

Please post your opinion, idea's suggestions as we can all help another here! 

Thanks in advance! 

Thomas:smiley-bounce003:

• Members

thomasvisser wrote:

Hello fellow sound engineers! 
:emoticon-misc-022:

Its crisis! The last year hasnt been fortunate for me so I decided to look at new ways to gain extra money doing what I like to do most. I reconsidered my position as a freelance sound engineer in order to find new ways to approach future clients in order to gain additional income/turnover. 

I got inspired by an article that was mindblowing because it was the most simple idea EVER!  I wonder if there are people on this forum that have simular or better idea's themselves so I would like to start a open discussion about ways that other Forum users use to gain additional revenues, how you do it and how you sell yourself doing it! 

The article that got me jumpstarted: 
How sound engineers earn extra $$$

Thanks in advance! 

Thomas
:smiley-bounce003:

Oh Yeah.........................guys very first post and he wants me to click on a link.

• Members

I think its an awesome way of producing more revenue out a single gig. 

I have also seen sound engineers offering 4 to 6 aircones to ''dress'' the stage. That also is a very VERY smart idea. When only asking 100$ for 4 you will very easy add significant margin to your income.  

Who has additional ideas? 

• Members

Additional ideas? .........................take this to the classified section of the forum, this isn't a subject that needs to be brought up in LSP.

---------------------------------------

Really? Why not discuss it. While I love mixing sound, I also love bringing in more income as well...

Confused about air cones as well.

Hmmmm

• Members

StratGuy22 wrote:

Additional ideas? .........................take this to the classified section of the forum, this isn't a subject that needs to be brought up in LSP.

---------------------------------------

Really? Why not discuss it. While I love mixing sound, I also love bringing in more income as well...

Confused about air cones as well.

Hmmmm

Sorry, perhaps he's legit but the whole presentation looks very similar to a scam. Has anyone clicked on the link yet?

• Members

Lol I thought it might be a helpful one to all of us ;)  No harm intended:) 

Tomm Williams wrote:

thomasvisser wrote:

Hello fellow sound engineers! 
:emoticon-misc-022:

Its crisis! The last year hasnt been fortunate for me so I decided to look at new ways to gain extra money doing what I like to do most. I reconsidered my position as a freelance sound engineer in order to find new ways to approach future clients in order to gain additional income/turnover. 

I got inspired by an article that was mindblowing because it was the most simple idea EVER!  I wonder if there are people on this forum that have simular or better idea's themselves so I would like to start a open discussion about ways that other Forum users use to gain additional revenues, how you do it and how you sell yourself doing it! 

The article that got me jumpstarted: 
How sound engineers earn extra $$$

Thanks in advance! 

Thomas
:smiley-bounce003:

Oh Yeah.........................guys very first post and he wants me to click on a link.

Thought it might be helpful to all of us, no harm intended:) 

• Members

Well Thomas with the addition of your video, it appears that you're attempting to sell stage effects/lighting. It also appears I may have keel-hauled you a liitle too soon...............my apologies. However, I'm still not quite clear on something, are you looking for ideas (as the title states) or are you selling these lighting devices? Are you the manufacturer or ? 

• Members

Hi Tomm WIlliams,

I use the light stuff for a band that I manage as a add on. The tubes cost about 300$ to purchase a piece and they sell as a XL package for about 500$ (rental)... MANY bands want this stuff when shooting a videodemo so I figured that I could as well rent this stuff out to other people. Really neat product but I do not hold shares in any way haha lol.. I am looking for additional Ideas how to increase customer service from a sound technician/engineer to coverbands that are not working with big budgets. Little extra's like the light-tubes give it a professional edge and people will book the band again as their venue looked cool. I dont leave my home without them anymore. It certainly brought more work to me ! So these are the kind of idea's (together with the multitracking of whole shows that we mix to sell back as a Demo etc) that i'm looking for :) So not that much of a Bozo;) lol

Archived