Al's YORKVILLE YX10P powered speaker review

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Pro Sound Guy View Post
Something like. "Not bad for a compact box". Need subs smile.gif
Absolutely needs a sub or subs unless used as a monitor.... wink.gif

Finishing up the review, but I'm having so much trouble accesisng this freakin' site tonight. It doesn't work 80% of the time...

• 5 months later...
  • Members

Well Al, I just used a YX10P in a guitar and piano duo this weekend.  IMO you were quite accurate in your description. 

The mini jack is a mystery, and a bit of a bother.

The "face up" mixer section when using the YX10P was very handy for me, although I can see it being a problem if drunks were spilling drinks, or pole mounted as in your example.

I actually like the sound of the cab, especially for that lounge vocal thing. I used a mic straight in (no mixer) and was pleasantly surprised. I did find that without a mixer I didn't want to use an SM58, because of the mids, but when I switched to an e835, it was pretty good (especially for the price).

Speaking of price, the one I've rented is $300.00 used so that's getting within the realm...Although I could get a used E10P (or two) for around $500.00 each, I can't take their mid re: vocals.

Actually, in the context of a lounge situation I like the sound of the Yorkville Yx10P better than my E160P's, my M160's and my month long encounter with the E10P's.  It's not that it's a superior box by any means, but it can get that lounge lizard sound without a whole lot of tinkering - YMMV. 

I think it might be a good alternative to the "real" 10" speakers if you're on a budget and you realize the YX10P's limitations - like low power and irrational input configuration. It is NOT a QSC, RCF, Yamaha, EV, or even an E10P, but it is cheap and closer to workable  than some of the other budget (and not so cheap) systems I've encountered. 

But as noted, it's only $60.00 cheaper than the YX15P. So either it's overpriced, or the YX15P is underpriced - or a bit of both.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

ls200p wrote:

Al Poulin, what is the best way to contact you? I have some questions regarding the Peavey PV-10 mixer.

Thanks!

You can ask away here if you wish or contact me via hotmail at :    alpoulin@hotmail.com

Archived