X-32, Looks Good But the Sound and ease of Use?????

• Members

sibyrnes wrote:

I'm not so sure a  "Weekend Warrior" can handle it:

LOL.  Cute ;)

The sound quality seems really good.  Better than anything I have heard in its price range and even some like the LS9 which are quite a bit more expensive.

The ease of use .... you may have a point.

I guess that for the "prosumer" version of weekend warriors like myself (ie, wannabe real sound techs that only do sound for their own bands but are serious about learning all about it as a hobby), the X32 family may be just fine.

For those that are used to a simple analog mixer (and likely don't even understand all of the knobs on that), the X32 is IMHO more daunting than the Soundcraft Expression Si, Allen & Heath Qu16, and StudioLive's out there which are more like "analog plus" mixers vs. pure digital mixer (X32, LS9, 01v96, etc).  A purely digital mixer is more flexible than these "analog plus" mixers, but has considerably more features.

If you need them, great.  If not, then perhaps there are better products out there for you.

• Members

OneEng wrote:

sibyrnes wrote:

I'm not so sure a  "Weekend Warrior" can handle it:

LOL.  Cute
;)

The sound quality seems really good.  Better than anything I have heard in its price range and even some like the LS9 which are quite a bit more expensive.

The ease of use .... you may have a point.

I guess that for the "prosumer" version of weekend warriors like myself (ie, wannabe real sound techs that only do sound for their own bands but are serious about learning all about it as a hobby), the X32 family may be just fine.

For those that are used to a simple analog mixer (and likely don't even understand all of the knobs on that), the X32 is IMHO more daunting than the Soundcraft Expression Si, Allen & Heath Qu16, and StudioLive's out there which are more like "analog plus" mixers vs. pure digital mixer (X32, LS9, 01v96, etc).  A purely digital mixer is more flexible than these "analog plus" mixers, but has considerably more features.

If you need them, great.  If not, then perhaps there are better products out there for you.

Uh, my post was a joke.  You see, it was an airplane called the X-32. I wasn't trying to start ANOTHER Berhinger thread.  Oh.....never mind.

Archived