Yorkville M810 with a powered speaker as a monitor?

• Members

Hey, I just bought a new PA setup (new to me anyways)

It is a Yorkville M810 powered mixer, with 2 yorkville pulse speakers.

Anyways we have been using a Behringer B412DSP powered speaker up until now, but it sometimes didnt seem to be enough to get through the rest of the band.

Anyways we plan on using the Yorkville setup to play a small gig at a Hall in a couple months. Is it possible to use the Behringer as a monitor so the Singer can hear? We just plan on using the PA for vocals, as we all have amps that will get us heard. (Its for my moms surprise 50th b-day, so its just background dance tunes)

I just want to be sure I dont wreck anything, fooling around with this thing... haha

Anyways it has a MON out (monitor out) and it says this about it

The monitor bus output signal from the Mon OUT jack is line level and would normally be patched to the input of a mono power amplifier (or a single channel of a stereo amp) driving stage monitor speakers. Keep in mind that in the Left/Right position of the Amp Assign switch there is no internal equalization for the monitor mix (you might want to patch a graphic equalizer between the Mon OUT jack and the input of your monitor power amplifier, this can help regulate the feed). As mentioned under #5. Pre-EQ OUT, Post-EQ OUT section (above), the monitor mix signal can also be patched to one channel of the internal amplifier using the Amp Assign switch.

Think it will work??

Thanks!

• Members

I've used this mixer many times. Mon out to your powered speaker will work just fine.

Make sure you read the manual for the M810. There are a few "oddball" features like the low and high pots to the left and right of the two Graphic EQ's. These two pots effect the very lowest and highest frequencies. Flat of course is preferable, but it depends on the acoustics of your venue, speakers, music style.... There is also the "break switch". I actually worked with a guy that, once I had turned it on, didn't know how to turn it off - you don't want that to happen on a gig!

I think I've used those speakers too. IF they are are the ones I'm thinking of, there was a terrible 2.5khz bump that practically made them unbearable. I had to dump a fair bit of that frequency - YMMV, especially since those speakers might not be the boxes I'm thinking of.

• Members

As I own a pair of the B412DSP's I'd not be surprised if the "new PA" isn't as loud as one of those. Were you really running it loud enough to be flashing the clip limiter? I've never been able to run them loud enough at a gig to do that and only done it out in the garage with earplugs and shooting muffs on :eek:.

• Members

As I own a pair of the B412DSP's I'd not be surprised if the "new PA" isn't as loud as one of those. Were you really running it loud enough to be flashing the clip limiter? I've never been able to run them loud enough at a gig to do that and only done it out in the garage with earplugs and shooting muffs on
:eek:

Well I only have one..... I was looking to buy another, but this setup was offered to me for cheaper then another B412DSP. So now I have a decently loud setup for vocals with a monitor.

Shaster, I will probally be sending you a pm in a couple hours... :thu:

• 3 years later...
  • Members

Has anybody experienced this scenario.....We use a Yorkville M810 PA with a Behringer F1220a Powered Monitor (with EQ). When we connect the monitor from the Mon Out port on the Yorkville, the gain level on each channel of the PA becomes useless. The Behringer powered monitor EQ is now acting like the EQ for all channels on the PA. It overrides the PA controls. It just happens with the gain level controllers (the white knobs on the Yorkville). I just had this happen over the weekend...and I'm wondering, should I be coming out of the Pre-EQ out on the PA to the powered monitor, rather than the Mon Out on the PA? Help please...I've been searching all day for an answer. I dont' have the monitor with me, it's the guitar player's...and he lives a quite a distance from me...or else I'd go and test it myself. Thanks!!

• Members

Welcome to the Forum... and kudos on your search results as that thread was 3.5 years old. I'm actually surprised that a thread that old was returned by the new search... again, kudos.

As for your Q... WTF?!? That does not sound like it's possible. GOD... are you punking me again?

Archived