Warehouse time

• Members

I spent some quality time in the "warehouse" (a/k/a a garage to most people) this evening. Organized more IEC cords into length-specific boxes, stacked and ratchet strapped subs onto dollies, put all the 12" self-powered speakers onto the same run of shelving, freed up space for the new LED lights, reamed out the last set of lighting brackets to accept 10mm clamp bolts, and generally made things more organized.

It may not make me any money to do so, but it looks better and is more organized. I feel better about it, so I guess that's worth something. That, or it will make it easier for the juvi-creeps and meth-heads to find what they want once they break in.... (And yeah, I finished making sure that I had all the serial numbers recorded correctly for the recently purchased gear.)

Not too bad an evening, all in all. Mark C.

• Members

I learned quick that organization was the key to putting on a good show. Not having a lot of disposable cash forced me to look for alternatives to professional cases and organizers. The amount of help, through others thinking outside of the box, in finding alternatives was so valuable that I can't put it to words. It was probably the reason why I value this site so much. I can't even begin to  imagine what it is at someone like Andy's level. It was little things, like the suggestion of a head worn flashlight. that make setup easyier and make putting on a show fun. I personally can't stand drudgery and it surely helped not only my head but also the quality of the show. Soooo to those of you who freely share their off the wall suggestions my heartfealt thanks! PS  I do my garage about every 3 months.  And checklists help too!

• Members

Marko, I hope either of us (any of us) never need that information, but fortune favors the prepared. No time like the present....

I'm pretty sure that I could make a pretty good guess as to at least one other forumite who has all that info carefully recorded (and stored off-site, too). Am I right, Aged? ;-) Mark C.

• Members

After reading the whole thread it maded me realized that I had to do some rescue over my old mic stands which are amp brand, so I always thought they were all in bad shape so today I took apart all of them and I rescued 12 from 16, so the 4 ones were the ones which I cannibalized to get them in order, I've always use just 4 up to 6 in my latest gigs, but your post maded me realized to do that, I was going to get some on stage mic stands over here, but I don't have the needs after doing all the refurbished to them

• Members

JV90, I'm happy to hear that you were inspired to go through your inventory of mic stands and make 12 good stands out of 16 stands that needed attention. Sometimes a couple of hours of work pays big dividends, as Agedhorse said. Mark C.

• Members

Yes, both are right on that matters; I just got this mic stands leaved over more than 6 months of not used, and I really was gonna buy 6 new stands as a package that I saw over a alert over here, when I went there to buy them they told me that they didn't had the package or any kind of mic stands like those models, you know the better ones, and they were offering me the cheapest ones and I didn't get it, so today I realized after reading the thread complete to do that and I've spent a couple of hours doing just that; a friend of mine sold me 2 brand on stage speaker/mic stands bags brands new and I bought them but I've never used them cause I really was looking to use them over the new mic stands, but now the repaired ones are on them and they fit very well, thanks for the tip

• Members

JV90, good to hear. By the way, my complements on your English language skills. They are far better than my Spanish (or Portugese) translation abilities will ever be. (My apologies; I do not recall which country in South America is your home. You probably mentioned it, but I have forgotten.) Mark C.

• Members

Thank you Mark for the complements over my English skills, open English does really work, you know... The program that's got the song "the book is on the table, the book is on the floor",

Also, if you like to know about Spanish, there is a known "slavish without barriers" as well for people who would like to speak or understand Spanish; I'm from Ecuador South America, mainly Guayaquil, the first capital city from my Country, is between Colombia and Per

• Members

JV90 wrote:

"Spanish without frontiers", sorry for the t9 error over my cell phone,

ok this made me laugh. I was trying to figure out the connection between slavish and spanish, hah!

And I have been to Guayaquil....but only to the airport. I spent most of my time around Quito. Ecuador is a beautiful country and I would love to go back again someday.

• Members

Really? I'm sorry, my t9 text sometimes goes berserk, bizarre and do strange things, you should come to Guayaquil, it's better than Quito, actually? We don't swallow people from quito, they think they are king kong's mother, or picky, sorry for the "slavish" thing above

• Members

Btw, king kong's mother over here is an expression that sounds a little weird if I translate it directly to your language, if sounds very different if you say it in plain Spanish....

Se creen la mama de Tarzan,

My mistake again, Tarzan's mother is the one; is very difficult to think over your language and to write it as well

Archived