One of those nights - trouble comes in threes!

• Members

Had one of those nights last night!

First night with a new mixer (DL1608) and I couldn't get the Wifi working - this was totally my fault. Had it working perfectly at home but it wasn't compatible with the wifi router I use at gigs (older Airport Express without a Lan port). Swapped back to my Studiolive 16.0.2 and all was well again except I had a few less channels for the drums.

Next, a PRX612m that I bought less than a month ago as a backup for FOH, failed in action. Well actually it never really made it into action - just some ugly distorted sound with the occasional super loud pop and crackle. Same thing with just the power connected and no inputs. Fortunately it was on foldback duty for the drummer and he carried on without it. at least the two I used on front of house lasted the night.

Thirdly the DMX lighting controller chucked a wobbly - it decided to start strobing the lights and wouldn't stop no matter what I did. Had to power on and off mid-set to fix it. The band were great though just played through the 10 or so seconds of darkness (seemed like hours to me) without missing a beat.

Fortunately it was still a really great show and seems like I was the only one disappointed. FIrst time I have really had much trouble and for some reason I must have anticipated it as I arrived to setup much earlier than I normally would.

Back to shop for the 612 on Monday - hopefully it will get sorted out quickly as I am now very nervous about not having a spare.

Cheers

Archived