What Else Should I Get?

• Members

Hey Guys, I am building a live sound rig. So far I have: Mixer, Mics, Cables, 2-KW153's, 2-KW181's, monitors, Lexicon processor.

What else should I get?

Can anyone reccomend a good compressor? (something good, but not super expensive) 

Should I get a feedback eliminator? (I've heard a lot of mixed things on these - what do you think?)

Am I missing anything? Thanks for everyone's unconditional help these last few weeks as I try to get all this together!

• Members

Get a dolly of cart like the rock n Roller, I have the ultimate jam stands karma cart and it has proved to be one of the best investments to get regarding the gear, having just to get one or 2 trips from the car to the stage is worth it in all things

• Members

Stands

Bunch of good 12ga extension cords

Quad boxes

DI boxes

Misc connectors, Xlr adapters, 1/8" to 1/4 cables, turn arounds

A snake, longer and w more ch than you think

Plastic folding tables

EZ up

Sub snake

First aid kit!

Work light

Rubber carpet floor mats

Good tape

Board tape

Sharpies

Motorcycle tie downs

Furniture dolly

Hand cart with big tires

A 19 yr old helper

• Members

Many jurisdictions now require dedicated lug boxes for connection of tails. Directly wiring to breakers generally is not legal because the breaker panel is not listed for direct connection to portable power feeder. In professional venues, you will find roadshow disconnects with lug access interlocked with the supply.

• Members

agedhorse wrote:

Many jurisdictions now require dedicated lug boxes for connection of tails. Directly wiring to breakers generally is not legal because the breaker panel is not listed for direct connection to portable power feeder. In professional venues, you will find roadshow disconnects with lug access interlocked with the supply.

I'm of the impression that the dedicated lug boxes you speak of generally come in a few common flavors:  100A, 200A, and 400A.  And commonly it's 3

Archived