Phantom Power and DL1608

• Members

Ok so I bought a DL1608 and as you all know by now, it is good but does have a few shortcomings, global phantom power being one of them.

I've taken on RoadRangers advice of trying to exclusively use dynamic mic's but I have one group that won't play nice and insist on using a condenser (two actually).

I am worried about connecting other devices - specifically keyboards (via a submix from another mixer) and an a direct out from a Gallien Krueger bass amp.

I was hoping to connect these via the four combo inputs using 1/4" trs connectors. Would this be safe? The manual for the DL1608 doesn't specifically state whether phantom power is sent through the trs section of the combo input (I will measure when I get a chance).

Cheers and thanks

• Members

agedhorse wrote:

Why not use a passive DI? Then it's a non-issue.

Thanks Agedhorse - probably the safest option

I checked the TRS inputs last night and definately no phantom power there (I wasn't sure this would be so with combo inputs) - so that will be useful for keyboards.

Cheers

• Members

stangconv wrote:

I was 99% sure too. Don't you also have some external boxes to provide phantom power without having to use the global RR?

I considered it but found that a dynamic works fine as an overhead for my needs - so I never bought any.

Archived