So, Mark Hellinger....

• Members

Why are you still posting when ou have serious work to do, like getting ready for Sturgis? Wish I could do it, but no scooter, and its about 2500 miles from me. Have a good time, and snap interesting pix so we get to see what we missed. ;-)

• Members

Axisplayer wrote:

Why are you still posting when ou have serious work to do, like getting ready for Sturgis? Wish I could do it, but no scooter, and its about 2500 miles from me. Have a good time, and snap interesting pix so we get to see what we missed. ;-)

I just finished my (other) industry's version (sort of) of Sturgis...exhaustingly good times to be had by all. I'm sure Mark & Liz will have an excellent time, kind of impossible not to.

• Members

I have been in so many biker bars and biker gatherings and music fests its unreal.

The most appreciative group of human beings for life and music on the planet.

Both bands, and sound get the red carpet treatment at biker picknics and fests.

Only one caveaut....

Gota have some Lynyrd Skynyrd on hand.

I attended the 95th Harley gathering at Milwaukee, and saw Lynyrd Skynyrd live.

I was taken back at how great they sounded live, and that Billy Powell keyboard sounded amazing.

What an amazing sounding band live on an accurate sound system!

• Members

Axisplayer wrote:

I'm likely as ready for Sturgis as I'll get this year (I'm not going:  I loaned my camera to my employee Brian, who is going).

I wrote a long story... but I woke up this morning and realized that was all self indulgent ego stroking bs, and the real reason I'm not going is cause I've convinced myself of my own made-up excuse... "I'm too busy."  Maybe I can get my priorities right by next year.

• Members

Axisplayer wrote:

Wish I could do it, but no scooter, and its about 2500 miles from me.

uh?

How about 2014?  I can fix my personal complications... I just gotta get my priorities straight again.  Let's talk, ok?

I'm thinking:  The lack of scooter thing can be fixed... if nothing else, I think rentals are available.  If 2500 miles isn't far enough to get in a good ride, you could take a longer route.  If 2500 miles is a bit too far, you could fly out here to the west side & rent a scooter... it's only about 800 miles to Sturgis from the Spokane/Coeur d' Alene area.

Archived