Bypass amp in Power Mixer possible? Newbie help!

• Members

So I've been doing research left and right getting into the whole sound thing. Ohms, watts, continous, peak, decibels, amps, mixers, effects, passive, active, bridged, parralel, my brain is just about fried.

Anywho, I have yet to find an answer to the question of whether or not I can use a power mixer but only run power from a seperate amp/amps.

Reason being, I'm buying a package for all the extra goodies, but they only provide powered mixers.

I have two crown xls amps which I'd rather use to run two mains and two moniters rather than try run everything off one power mixer.

Any help is appreciated.

• Members

YayBeer wrote:

So I've been doing research left and right getting into the whole sound thing. Ohms, watts, continous, peak, decibels, amps, mixers, effects, passive, active, bridged, parralel, my brain is just about fried.

Anywho, I have yet to find an answer to the question of whether or not I can use a power mixer but only run power from a seperate amp/amps.

Reason being, I'm buying a package for all the extra goodies, but they only provide powered mixers.

I have two crown xls amps which I'd rather use to run two mains and two moniters rather than try run everything off one power mixer.

Any help is appreciated.

Depends on the powered mixer.

Also depends on what speakers you are buying, the power amps may not be a good match depending on which model. How about powered speakers and an unpowered mixer?

Have you considered buying the right tools rather than some package that may not be a good value even though it may SEEM cheaper. Buying for a few cheap extra "goodies" is rarely a good reason to buy something.

Archived