How much should I ask for 4 JBL MP418S subs?

• Members

I have four JBL M-Pro MP418S subwoofers I'm thinking about selling. They're in great shape. There's just a few small chip/dents here and there, that I filled in with a Sharpie. I've never put more than a channel of an RMX 2450 into them.

I've NEVER sold anything before. There's a DJ that wants them, and I have no idea how much $ to ask for. This DJ told me he has an SRX 728 he'd like to trade me for. I don't know what condition the SRX 728 is in though. I don't know how long he's had it either.

• Members

Maybe 2/3 of new? Don't know why he'd want to trade a 728 for these, I'd think the 728 would be about the same output as all 4? In any case the 728 is worth about $1000 and your speakers are worth about $450 ea so a trade of your 4 cabs for his 728 plus $800 from him would be about right?

• Members

I've seen MP418s sell immediately on the local PDX Craigslist in the $400-450 range. That one lowball eBay sale was local pickup only in a small town and doesn't reflect the true used price. Since you live just out of Indy I'd try their CL and see if there's any bites.

There will be though. JBL's MPro4 series is highly regarded and sought after. They just don't come up that often and people are on the lookout for them.

• Members

I've seen MP418s sell immediately on the local PDX Craigslist in the $400-450 range. That one lowball eBay sale was local pickup only in a small town and doesn't reflect the true used price. Since you live just out of Indy I'd try their CL and see if there's any bites.

There will be though. JBL's MPro4 series is highly regarded and sought after. They just don't come up that often and people are on the lookout for them.

Thanks, man!

• 3 years later...

Archived