ATM41A Problems

• Members

Has anyone had problems with the Audio Technica ATM41A mic? I used to own a music store and had several that didn't work right out of the box. When I closed my store I keep three for myself and all three have failed......the last of the 3 just failed sitting in our practice space. It worked 2 weeks ago and last week....nothing right from the get go. I have taken good care of them and always keep them in the bag in the padded box. What gives with these things?

• Members

Quite a surprise to me as well. We have about 20 of them in our rental department and have not experienced any problems at all.

Contact the Audio Technica service department, they are a first class operation to be sure.

• Members

Originally posted by agedhorse

Haven't heard this.

Send em back to AT. That's what the warranty is for.

I tried that. Unfortunately I bought them from another store that was liquidating old stock and A/T would not honor the warranty because I did not have the original purchase invoice from them. That didn't impress me either.

• Members

Originally posted by no-logic

I tried that. Unfortunately I bought them from another store that was liquidating old stock and A/T would not honor the warranty because I did not have the original purchase invoice from them. That didn't impress me either.

You said in your first post that when you closed your store you kept 3 for yourself. Now you say you bought them from another store that was liquidating old stock. Perhaps they were not an AT dealer? No receipt?

Starting to sound fishy... wonder why manufacturers have rules? Can't say that I blame them.

• Members

Originally posted by agedhorse

You said in your first post that when you closed your store you kept 3 for yourself. Now you say you bought them from another store that was liquidating old stock. Perhaps they were not an AT dealer? No receipt?

Starting to sound fishy... wonder why manufacturers have rules? Can't say that I blame them.

I bought the mics before I opened my store (we specialized in used, closeouts, liquidations, etc.) to offer for sale. I sold this type of thing as used gear. When I closed the store I kept the last 3 for my own use. A/T would not warranty them becuase I was not the dealer that they were sold to originally. I don't really give a crap about the warranty right now anyway. I was just wondering if anyone has had the same problem. That is all. It's not "fishy" at all.

• 8 years later...
  • Members

I am going to update this post as at 2013. The ATM41a is a brilliant michrophone. I bought two vintage models this year.It knocks the spots of a sm58. (I own a sm58) It is much better than my seinhiesser 541 at 10 times the price.If you can find one buy it. Its a great buy for recording an live work

Archived