Need cheap pa system type thing for singing

• Members

Okay so i am getting into vocals for metal and i need some sort of amplifier for my vocals...

I am not tech savvy and i dont know ANYTHING about anything lol.

I have a mic someone told me to get.. A shure xm something... 

Basiclly i want something thatll make my vocals as loud or louder then my music im listening to in the garage.. I play it pretty loud.. Because i sing very very loud.. Like AHHHHH

Heres how i sound.. In case it matters http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aRfRWWg9kI

For under or around 400 dollars? Hopefully alot less...? In the ballpark?  because i dont have alot of money... im pour! :D

I dont think i need special fx or anything.. Just want to hear myself roar... Maybe a slight echo would be cool.

I realise i probly sound like an idiot... But its probly because i am. :D

I know nothing about this stuff... I only know how to sing.

• Members

RoadRanger wrote:

Where you at? Maybe one of us has something used that would do yah. Under $400 new you'd be talking a Behringer B212D speaker that you could jack a mic direct into. But the haters will be along shortly to tell you you need to spend big bux instead 
freak.gif

t thing about B bashing is Uli biz ethics was very unethical with patent infringement and safety violation which could have injured or killed somebody. Which common sense is you get what you pay for.

I think the biggest thing about the B bashing was Uli biz ethics from patent infringements and safety violation  is why Uli get bash but common sense should tell ya you get what you pay for and the poor out number tree huggers that wanna stop the garbage for profit biz and not to mention shareholders so it's biz as usual.

• Members

My small system cost me nearly $5000. You can get something for $400 but it won't be loud and it probably won't be good and a 25 watt guitar amp will be louder. (In some guitarist's hands.) Played 2 shows with a guitarist who just had to push his 125 watt amp to "get his sound". The 2000 watt PA wasn't loud enough indoors to keep up with that 125 watt guitar amp. (Gain before feedback issues.) I wish you well, but keep in mind that a deaf singer isn't much of a singer. Protect your hearing!

• Members

Yup. When my band plays a gig, I have a 100W Marshall JCM800 into a 212 cab. I don't play real loud, I put any extra I need through the monitors.

Our PA is 5000W

When we practice I use a Marshall CD10 and we use a Fender Passport for our vocals, I believe it's 250W.

And it works perfectly for what we need. You definitely don't have to be rock star loud at practice.

Or even during a gig.

• Members

WynnD wrote:

My small system cost me nearly $5000. You can get something for $400 but it won't be loud

You've obviously not heard a Behringer B412DSP (ancestor to the $400 speaker being discussed). I cranked mine into the red when I first received them to see if they were going back blown up wink.gif and they hung in there. I had earplugs in and crap was coming down from the ceiling of my basement. They are plenty loud enough to cause permanent hearing loss at 20 feet or so, maybe a bit louder than my RCF 310A's. Dunno what you classify as "loud" but I'd sure not what to experience it freak.gif.

• Members

riptorwolf wrote:

Basiclly i want something thatll make my vocals as loud or louder then my music im listening to in the garage.. I play it pretty loud.. Because i sing very very loud.. Like AHHHHH

Heres how i sound.. In case it matters

You know, watching/listening to your video from the particular vantage point of whatever device recorded it, you are solidly 9-12db -- if not more -- above the sound level of the rest of the music.  Would that video be typical of your practice method?  Because, if so, I'd say vocal amplification will only complicate things, and to keep with what you've been doing.

• Members

Well once the drums and stuff kicks in most of my vocals get lost and you can only hear the high part of my vocals.. There is an ongoing sandpapery (best word I can think of) sound in my voice that gets drowned out easily by drums and guitar.

[Which isnt in that video because i made that video a while ago for other reasons then this thread.. But i sound really crappy when my voice isnt the loudest thing]

I just want to see what my voice really sounds like with a mic and amplified loudly because it might not even pick up that "sandpapery" sound... Even if my vocals were amplified.

Archived