Just picked up some ART710a MK2's ...

• Members

Review to follow after this weekend's gig...

Anyhow,  one of our aging K10s is starting to act up randomly during shows.  We've had them for just over 5 years, so they definitely have stood up to some serious abuse!  (Kudos to QSC -- and I'll be calling it in for a warranty fix.)    

That said,  I'm 'sliding' the K10 monitors (that we use for our vocalists) over to our studio / rehearsal space as practice speakers... and literally just got back from the store from scooping my new RCF ART710 MKii's.

Considering how awesome the 312's are that one of our DJ's uses,  and considering how smooth and trasparent the TT series RCF's we own are,  I'm excited to put these things through the ringer.

• Members

So I got ancy, and deceided to unbox one of the ART710's.

Put it side by side with my "good" K10....   Put on some tunes through my Droid.

Left channel to the K10,  Right channel to the RCF.

Panning back and forth and listening at the same time... It's not even close to a fair fight...   The ART710 blows the doors off a K10.  Size/Weight about the same, but SPL, detail and clairty, easily go to the RCF.

• Members

Thanks for the report. I'm always on the lookout for what might be the next step, if I want to replace my K10's.

That said... why the hell can't RCF put a full grill on those speakers?

For the type of gigs I'm doing now -- corporate and wedding -- I need speakers with a low visual profile. These may sound great, but they look "cheap" in the eyes of some clients compared to a full grill or "tower" speaker like those in the recent FBT thread. I'd use their TT08-A's over these, just based on the looks.

And yes, I know that may not matter for many applications. It matters for what I do.

• Members

We also have a pair of TT08's... and yep. For the small shows, I'd put these on sticks before the ART's.    They're nearly identical in overall output,  but I'd say the TT's are a notch better in clarity.   Will have a little time to A/B tomorrow before the gig.   :-D

• Members

Reson8tor wrote:

Thanks for the report. I'm always on the lookout for what might be the next step, if I want to replace my K10's.

That said... why the hell can't RCF put a full grill on those speakers?

For the type of gigs I'm doing now -- corporate and wedding -- I need speakers with a low visual profile. These may sound great, but they look "cheap" in the eyes of some clients compared to a full grill or "tower" speaker like those in the recent FBT thread. I'd use their TT08-A's over these, just based on the looks.

And yes, I know that may not matter for many applications. It matters for what I do.

If you want ART710A performance with a full grill get the NXM10A.

nxm10

• Members

Nice video and looks to be a good time. Always liked those QSC subs although I seem to remember that they were not that light!

The guitar player stage right seems to be doing alot yet is down quite a bit in the mix. Someone new or is this how its wanted?

Fun times!

Doug

• Members

Dookietwo wrote:

Nice video and looks to be a good time. Always liked those QSC subs although I seem to remember that they were not that light!

The guitar player stage right seems to be doing alot yet is down quite a bit in the mix. Someone new or is this how its wanted?

Fun times!

Doug

twostone wrote:

Nice what sub are you using ?

(See sig for the full description of my rig,  however...)

They are RCF TT18AS subs.    Single 18's that are ridiculously good sounding.  MUCH better than the QSC KW subs.    I may even add two more next season for bigger events....    Though for the moment, I do have a Dual 18"  QSC GP218 Wideline sub, that makes an appearance every so often. When we do use the GP218, I cross that at 55Hz and let that do the dirty-work down low, while the TT subs handle 55-110Hz... 

Guitar player is fairly new to the group, but likes to be back a little bit in the mix.  She steps out and will shred an Eddie Van Halen solo if you ask her to,  but usually hangs back in the pocket brilliantly.

Case in point:  

Rare to find a guitar player that likes to hang back...  it frees and cleans up the mix SO much.  :smiley-music012:

Archived