Where are speakers manufactured

• Members

The ________ brand speakers are made in ________ and assembled in ___________.

Inquiring mind would like to know about the different brands of speakers

Keep seeing all these knockoffs you can import direct from China. Assuming they are just copies.

Thoughts and knowledge?

• Members

Tomm Williams wrote:

Over at PSW, there is a posting from a guy who bought 6 JBL 712m's............all fake. Guess he's going through efforts to recoupe his money.

When it's done to save money, and the deal is too good to be true... it serves him right.

However, if they were bought used and he paid fair market value, or bought new from a dealer representing them as genuine product, the fakes can be very difficult to tell without knowing what the real ones are made from and you have to take them apart (or weigh them) to be sure. If this is the case, it's too bad because he would have a reasonable expectation that he was playing fair and got taken.

• Members

I have a friend who found counterfeit Fenders being sold cheap. He ordered a copy of a Tele and showed it to me when he received it . Fender logo and all.....it actually looked well built. I'd bet 9 out of 10 folks wouldn't know it was fake. This same site had SRX boxes and Senn wireless units for sale.

• Members

It sure looks like the real ones, how can you really know if this are the original ones? By the Price? Over my place I've seen Jbl cabinets that are clones 100%, how do I know that are clones? Cause the salesman tells me cause I'm always buying from them, but I actually didn't heard them besides they don't weight nothing so maybe it's neodymium inside them too

• Members

JV90 wrote:

It sure looks like the real ones, how can you really know if this are the original ones? By the Price? Over my place I've seen Jbl cabinets that are clones 100%, how do I know that are clones? Cause the salesman tells me cause I'm always buying from them, but I actually didn't heard them besides they don't weight nothing so maybe it's neodymium inside them too

Seriously, don't ever by from that guy again. I'd also take a real good look at anything you have previously purchased from him.

• Members

JV90 wrote:

Do you mean clones as copying the design or being made to look like genuine JBL?

• Members

JV90 wrote:

This makes me sick. The salesman is selling something that he knows is counterfeit and you are buying from him rewarding this disgusting behavior. There is no excuse for knowingly selling, or buying counterfeit products.

• Members

Yes, but I buy from them the beta 3 stuff that I like instead, so they offer that clones, but I don't want to get them because they tell me that are the clones ones, what the people does according to them is to buy that cabinets to install rcf, Jbl, ev, peavey, eminence speakers, to get better performance, I'm not sure if they achieve that, but? I really prefer to get my elder audio stuff, the cost are lower, the performance ratio is adequate for my job

• Members

JV90 wrote:

Yes, but I buy from them the beta 3 stuff that I like instead, so they offer that clones, but I don't want to get them because they tell me that are the clones ones, what the people does according to them is to buy that cabinets to install rcf, Jbl, ev, peavey, eminence speakers, to get better performance, I'm not sure if they achieve that, but? I really prefer to get my elder audio stuff, the cost are lower, the performance ratio is adequate for my job

I don't have a clue what you are saying!   What is "beta 3"?  What is "elder stuff"?

• Members

I'm located in Ecuador South America, and yes, beta 3 (elder audio) is a Chinese company that builds good powered speakers(at least the ones that I have had proved to me they are good, I only know that omnisistem over the USA carries some models)

• Members

That's right mrcpro, I still have that keyboard and played with it, it happens that I still like the sound that keyboard have, the 76 keys, weight, and a good master keyboard for my setup, I played over the JV80 too but when the jv90 came out, I grab one of them and become one of my favorite synthetic.... I guess that you used to deal with an mc50 mrcpro?

• Members

Agedhorse, hope you find some beta 3 cabinets over the USA and heard them, of course they are not martin, Meyer, Claire, eaw, nexo and so others, but, over here in southamerica they are a respected brand, and are on the leagues of mackie, behringer, Samson, middle class mi products that works and they handle

• Members

Those of us old enough to remember may recall when "Made in Japan" was an absolute joke. During the 60's Japan was famous for importing all sorts of crap that was the definition of "disposable" No one is laughing now. China seems to be on the verge of earning the same reputation. However, I don't recall the Japanese so blatantly copying US products. It would be nice if China could just come up with their own designs to compete. I would be curious to hear the fake 712's against the real deal. Don't believe they wouldn't sound as good but it would be interesting.

Archived