K&M 21021 mic-stands,,,,,,,,,,,A+

• Members

Yesterday, I picked up a oair of K&M 21021 mic-stands, for use as overhead stands. I'm VERY impressed to say the least.

The tripod legs on the 21021, are roughly 3" longer than the regular 210 mic-stands, and the base's pole-insert, is made of heavy cast-iron, which contributes to being a very stable-stand. The stand itself is fairly tall, and the fixed-length 42.1" boom is well counter-balanced. The clutch is equipped with a T-Bar (vs a knob), for added torque. The stand is fairly heavy compared to a regular 210, weighing in at roughly 13 lbs. Height ranges from 1.12 meters (44") to roughly 80" (2.01m). The shaft-height locking mechanism works very well.

Highly recommended for o'heads,,, and possibly, for studio-use (if the boom is long enough for you).

Great product. I paid $98. + tax.

http://produkte.k-m.de/en/product?info=459&x3358b=s4209lbk5j89gcl6denkoomaq5

• Members

RiddimRyder wrote:

Looks like you got a good deal.   Most of the major web music sites are selling these for $135 each.

I thought so too. I've seen the 21021's on-line for $125. and I was quite surprised to get them for just under $98.,,,especially here in Quebec. (Steve's Music, Montreal)

In the past, I've used my regular 210's, with a telescopic boom and the T-bar clutch for o'heads, but that was a very "iffy" proposition. With the booms extended, the stands got very "tippy", and needed some weight added to the bases. With the larger/ heavier bases on the 21021's, that problem goes away. The 42" 1-piece boom also seems sturdier and less prone to flexing, and the counter-weight seems quite adequate. If anything, I'd like to see a slightly larger-radius tilt-adjustment bracket,  styled somewhat like the 21430 studio-stand. That would provide the extra bit of insurance that the boom wouldn't start drooping mid-stream, when the boom is fully extended, and you're using heavier mics.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/KM21430

I guess I've got a dozen or so K&M stands now; a 21430, the 21021's, a half-dozen or so 210's with various booms (telescopic and fixed), and a bunch of shorties (for kick, and guitar-amps). None have ever let me down. But even though they're K&M's, you've got to use the right model for the job-at-hand. Some of K&M's accessories are pretty nice too, for example, I have a few of their brackets for adding an extra mic to a stand,,, or the 2-mic brackets, for recording.

Archived