Maybe a Rehash, but I want to go with Powered Speakers

• Members

I have 4 each JBL SR4722x's over SR4718x Subs. I have no complaints with the sound. I use the system for my 4 piece Rock bar band and we're known for our volume. The system is loud and clean. But hauling and setting it up is becoming a burden and I want to downsize to a system that has one sub and one top per side. According to the spec sheets, the JBL's will do 132 db at 600w per box, which is what I've got...whatever that's good for.

Anyway, is there a 2 box powered system that can compete with this? When I go to the usual suspects (MI stuff) I'm not very impressed.

• Members

Have you tried half the system you use now?

Also, budget?

The market is saturated with self powered loudspeakers, and this is a regular subject here

week after week.

Simply do your homework, and start researching self powered loudspeakers that are in your budget.

JBL, RCF, QSC, MEYER, NEXO, and the list goes on.

Ground stacks?  Loudspeakers on sticks?  Line array?

You get my point :)

• Members

Half the system I use now still requires 2 amp racks and a snake. I could condense it down to one rack but it'd be a ballbuster and I'd have to make longer speaker cables.

Budget is around $4k, maybe a little more.

The regular MI powered stuff, ie; JBL, QSC, Mackie just hasn't impressed me. Meyer is out of the price range.

I'm wanting to go with ground stacks, but I realise I'll probably have to go with Sticks because of my self imposed 2 box per side limitation.

I'm asking for real world results from someone who knows what the JBL SRx series is capable of and can suggest a comparable powered system.

Archived