HH electronics VRS115A subwoofer

• Members

G'day guys, Just wondering if anyone has heard of these subs? They are available in Australia where I am located, and the UK, hopefully someone has had some experience with these.  www.hhelectronics.com/ . I had some positive feedback about the Proel Flash15SA which I probably will purchase but this VRS115A sub is around the same price and. I just want to be sure I am making the right decision. I'm hoping someone downunder at least has some info to offer? Just in case anybody thinks I am involved in any way with HH electronics I aren't, just a consumer wanting to make an informed decision considering the $ involved.

• Members

Sorry Jules but I haven't used any of these subs.

Have you considered any of the following;

EV ELX-118P

JBL PRX 618xlf

QSX KW181

If these are for your drums you may find a good powered 15" speaker such as the PRX615m may also be an option.

Good luck with it.

• Members

Tomm Williams wrote:

Such a shame you're way over there. I know where there is a PAIR of Bag End double 18's for just a slice over 800

Geez Tomm, they sound awesome!  Maybe overkill for what I am looking for plus, dont have the space in my van to haul them around. Cheers mate!

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Ive use a HH VRS115A and thought Id let you know that these subs are just fine, ive had no problems.

I use 2 x 2 way 15" tops and just the one sub FOH for my band and it does well local pubs and clubs. Its the first sub Ive had with a pa and for me its easy to use, litterally plug and play, the drummer loves it for his kick and it seems to be built like a tank.

Dont listen to anyone who says they are crap because they are not. They do exactly what they are intended to do and not expensive compared to the more highly regarded brand name stuff.

• Members

G'day Jef159, welcome to the forum, I was made most welcome when I joined, heaps of good people here with excellent advice! Just to give you an update I actually went with the JBL PRX618xlf subs thanks to real helpful advice from members here with hands on experience. Unfortunately my band broke up and the subs went with some of the former bandmates, but thats ok its all good. The subs  were fantastic by the way. I now have purchased a db opera sub18d brand new for about the same price as a yamaha dsx15! As the dealer no longer distributes them, it was his ex display model. What a bargain. I will be interested in your review of the HH sub, keep us posted.

Archived