X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subs

Whats the best sub value within a 500 dollar budet?

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.-Tomas Edison

Powered or non powered? Matched with what speakers on top? Portable or non portable?

Comment

If you're not afraid to buy used gear, i've seen various models by EAW at or under $500 at GC used site.

Comment

• Miko Man
        Miko Man commented
        Editing a comment
        "Best" depends on the use and criteria specified. At the risk of sounding snarky, for dub-step/EDM in a club setting, "best" means rental at that price point. Mark C.

All they specified was 2x18 with no further info ? Is it possible this is more of a wish list than an actual rider? Perhaps if you talked to them, they would agree to GOOD 1x18's in multiples?

Comment

• oldschooler
        oldschooler commented
        Editing a comment

No $500 dual 18 is going to meet any riders. The best bang for the buck is the JBL SRX or EV QRX. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Do you have any idea how heavy and chunky those community cabinets are??? If you are concerned with rider friendly, those are about as unfriendly as it gets. I give you they are cheap though.

Comment

Can't go wrong? IMO you can burn your money and do better.

WOW!

Comment

• monthlymixcd
        monthlymixcd commented
        Editing a comment

So, help clarify:

You just want ONE 2x18 sub for less than $500 that will run on your 850W at 4 ohm to go with your two MRX512 tops?

That community sub was in New Jersey for local pickup only... are you in NJ?

Unbelievable, IMO. It will cost more to ship that community sub than its worth... and that's assuming its functional.

Comment

• monthlymixcd
        monthlymixcd commented
        Editing a comment

... not to mention if his riders are saying "bring 2x18 subs" that it's STILL not meeting the rider requirements. lol

There are a pair of EAW LA218z's at GC used for 999 each. Twice what you wanted to pay but true pro level gear at a very nice price. Can't imagine any act you might work with would turn them down.

Comment

Working...
      X