Flying speakers in a tent

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'll be hanging KV2's EX-10's which are 48.4 pounds.  The U bolts are extended length 1/2" steel which have a 2020 pound load rating each.  Single strut channel is rated at 3500 pounds per foot, I'm still looking for the load baring tables for the dual strut.

I'll be able to sleep well with my speakers in the air, but then again, I've been putting stuff over peoples heads since I started in community theatre in 1965.  I learned from some very smart people.

• Members

Bill

May I ask, was there not a production item available for what you wanted to do or was this a more economical way of doing it? Or perhaps you simply like building your own equipment ? Not being any sort of a machinist, it looks great to me. All of the conversations concerning load limits has been enlightening.

• Members

Tomm Williams wrote:

Bill

May I ask, was there not a production item available for what you wanted to do or was this a more economical way of doing it? Or perhaps you simply like building your own equipment ? Not being any sort of a machinist, it looks great to me. All of the conversations concerning load limits has been enlightening.

I enjoy building and creating.  Any commercial products I found were crazy expensive and not ideal.  The pictured clamp had around $ 40 in parts.

Building this prototype and the discussion here about it has been very helpful in designing the final product.  

Archived