Two events this weekend

• Members

dbMontana wrote:

Ahhh,  there's the bridge/causeway you spoke of before
!

Yup.

Actually the event turned out pretty good. I thought it sounded good and we got several compliments that it was the best they have heard at that location. The City does a summer concert series at this location and another provider contracted all of those events this summer. Maybe next summer we can. :)

The musicians showed up late (surprise!) so soundcheck was a bit short. Did learn some things setting up for this so next time we will be a bit more effiecient at.

Glad we had a canopy over FOH, it was hot. The handles on the KW's were scorching hot during load out.

• Members

front range gets plenty hot in the summer. I'm going up to loveland and see this place. Looks pretty neat. Nice setup too. I really hate spaghetti wires all over the place. (Got snap closing wire guides on my keyboard stand to minimize that.)

• Members

Dookietwo wrote:

In regards to the 2nd photo down.

Do most people sit right in front? Looks like a far L/R fill could be used if people sit over by the Hand Rail area by the steps that go up on the left side of the photo.

Nice looking, clean setup/rig!

Dookietwo 

Thanks!

There is seating all around but the client wanted to contain people to one section for this event, so we setup for that.

The one thing that I wish could be different is the sightlines. Being ground stacked like this, certain seats have the speakers in the way of viewing the musicians. Not much I can do about it, but still bugs me. I was talking with a friend of mine (engineer guy) and the idea was to construct some sort of tower that would be placed in the center of the platform that would get speakers up above the musicians. Not sure how it would be supported due to the fountain but it was an idea. Just not enough space on the platform for multiple lifts.

The City puts on about 12 summer concerts at this location that I am hoping to pick up the contract for next summer. They are also doing an Oktoberfest in two weeks here that I am trying to get but I have a feeling they found someone to do it already.

Archived