What sub should I pair with RCF ART-710 Speakers? Also, speaker bags?

• Members

So thanks to the advice on this forum, I narrowed my search for powered speakers down to the RCF powered line. I'd been looking at the ART 310a or similar price range speakers, but when someone put up a set of virtually unused mint 710a's at a great price, I jumped on them and they are on the way now.

I have been convinced that a sub would be a good investment, and so that's next on my wishlist.

Ideally, I'd love something light/smaller, that would pair nicely with the 710a's without the need for extra external gear (if that is possible). Space in the car is at a premium, and a sub won't happen if it's too heavy for me to lift into my SUV by myself.

(I did notice that the FBT Vertus sub is light and small, but don't know if it would pair well with the RCF's and have not found anyone local who carries FBT.)

These will be used mainly for a wedding/partyband with instrumentation that varies slightly, but usually includes keyboards, drums, bass, guitars, clarinet and sax, violin, sometimes a small horn section, and vocals. The keyboards, guitars, and bass all go through their own amps, although we often run the keys through the system as well, and we occasionally mic the guitar amp.

I'm also looking for speaker bags for the 710's. How are the RCF bags? Since the 710a's are discontinued, is there a current speaker bag that is the exact same size? A custom maker you recommend? My EV sx300's have great velour lined bags with thick padding and zippered bottoms which I got from EV. Ideally, I'd like something that provides that level of protection.

Thanks!

• Members

I have the RCF Bags for my 710's.  They're really useful.... allow you to unzip the front and back-panel... with the ability to plug-in everything you need AND keep the speakers in the bags the entire time.  

As far as subs,  why not look into the matching RCF subwoofer.  718-AS

http://www.rcf.it/professional-speaker-systems/sub-series/sub-718-as

Either that or a QSC KW181 is nice...

If you have a bit of extra cash on hand,  the TT series stuff is downright amazing and impressive... Price vs Performance vs Size.

http://www.rcf.it/products/touring-and-theatre/tts18-a

http://www.rcf.it/products/touring-and-theatre/tts12-a

• Members

Audiopyle Sound wrote:

The ART710A is not discontinued. They are now selling the "MK2" version. The factory bags will fit either.

If you need a super compact sub that will fit in the car consider the 12" ART902AS. Whatever you get, the sub needs to have a full crossover with highpassed outputs to send signal to the tops.

You know, when I google the RCF stuff, very often,the first link to the RCF site that comes up is to a product link that says 'discontinued." They really ought to put a link on that page telling potential customers that the producet has been replaced/updated.

I assume the difference in the MK2 is a switch to ferrite magnets?

That sub looks good, but it's pricey. Don't think I can swing that right now. I wonder about a smaller/less expensive one that might work well with these tops. The FBT Vertus cla 208Sa caugt my eye, but I don't know if it's a good match/or even available here.

Archived