Yorkville Sound System for Sale - 2 x U15P tops 2 x LS801P 18" subs + extras - $3499

• Members

StratGuy22 wrote:

Nice man.
That setup is a lot of bang for the buck
. I've been running the same setup for 10 years with nothing but compliments. (Unpowered Unity15's here)

This would be a great foundation for anyone looking for a turnkey FOH.

Agreed. I'm wondering though,,, why the EP2152 cross-over? Is there a noticeable improvement in sound quality? The U15P already has the delay-processor built in, precisely for matching the U15P's to the LS801P subs. (mine do anyway), plus, you've got the sweepable hi-pass filter built into the sub.(90Hz-150Hz), as well as the sweepable bass-boost/ tone-shaper.

• Members

Pro Sound Guy wrote:

I have heard good things about those Unity loudspeakers.

That design has something to do with Tom Danley

That has to do with the summation aperture horn technology. The U15 of course, is a 3-way speaker, and where it differentiates itself from most other 3-ways, is in the number of MF drivers it has (3 of them), and the manner in which they're mounted.

• Members

Audiopyle Sound wrote:

You would not want to use the UP15 processor with the powered U15P cabinets. It has non-defeatable eq that is appropriate only for the passive U15 speaker, while the U15P has all the processing needed built in to the module.

I saw the UP15 and dozed off, good catch on your part. I'm not fond of them anyway, but yes that's not the crossover for the job. The UP15's do an okay or excellent job (depends on your POV) of smoothing out some of the EQ oddities of the  U15. Using it after Yorkville has already achieved this with the powered versions would not be necessary or desirable.

I use the DRPX with my unpowered U15's because I run them full range. I think something like that might be ideal for this situation, if one didn't have GEQ's already. Otherwise a cheapo crossover would be better, IMHO.

Unfrotunately although you could go without a crossover, and might be okay, Yorkville doesn't normally set their subs up with true internal in/out crossovers. Depending on your volume and needs, a crossover could be in order.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived