iNuke SMPS regulated!

• Members

FYI Behringer tells me:

"The NU Series has regulated switch-mode power supplies which come in a number of country versions. In the case of NU6000 the ranges are 90-110 V, 99-132 V and 198-264 V to cover the world market. The product labeling for the ranges is 100V, 110-120V and 220-240V carry an implied tolerance of

• Members

No, most are not regulated though some appear to be.

There are advantages to regulated supplies but card must be used in the design to address stability of the control loop. This is much more difficult with large dynamic loads, hence the typically increased failure rates with such supplies. I have products with both types of supplies and the raw stability is greater with the unregulated designs.

• CMS Author

agedhorse wrote:

No, most are not regulated though some appear to be.

There are advantages to regulated supplies but card must be used in the design to address stability of the control loop. This is much more difficult with large dynamic loads, hence the typically increased failure rates with such supplies. I have products with both types of supplies and the raw stability is greater with the unregulated designs.

Andy, I wonder if the amp failure I saw last week was due to the power supply failing or its control. It was a "boot failure" and the tech thought it was the control, but I suppose a failure to boot could be from either end of this system, no?

• Members

RoadRanger wrote:

Oh, and as they have no PF correction it's reported that NU6000's will draw 60A peaks off of a solid power source. 

I have ran three NU6000DSP and two NU3000DSP amps on a single 15-amp breaker for loud rock outdoors shows and they did just fine. 

Archived