gear that has made life great!

• Members

-my Line6 wireless units, they never fail, never drop out.

-The Presonus mixers, I really don't want to take another mixer any more. 

-the blue big tire hand dolly from harbor freight, love it

-EWI cables, they never break, easy to roll up, just feels like quality

-DBX Driverack+, I bought two of them. i know they are not pro level but I have really come to appreciate what they do

-Yamaha Club monitors, again, not pro but I have 10 of them, some 12 years old. I beat the **** out of them. Paid for 10 times over. 

-Stanley green thermos, what can i say. it delivers hot coffee 10 hours after i made it

-

• Members

Gear that has served me quite well:

A&H MixWiz3..... built like a tank.  Never once let us down in 300+ shows.   With the purchase of my new QU16, the MixWiz will be kept in the truck as a backup board just in case....

QSC K monitors,  150-180 shows on them,  only 1 of my 3 started having issues with the cable connector, loose-connection.... but that one's now on light-duty for cocktail hours.

EWI Pro-Quad Cables.    Same quality as Mogami, but much better price.

EWI Cases --  Best bang for your buck 3/8" plywood cases out there....

Pretty much EWI stuff in general....  great people.

Sennheiser e838 mics.   Rugged, and sound+look good.   (Silver case looks great under LED lighting)

Chauvet QSpot 260s and 360s...  Bang for your buck.

Rising stars, but too soon to award:

RCF TT subs, ART monitors....    simply amazing price/value on these things.   Handle whatever signal you throw at them with aplomb.

• Members

My Yorkville U15's speakers and Yorkville PM16mixer combo. With two small monitors, I've been using this more and more for the ever increasing low paying smaller gigs. Super easy to set up and it still sounds like a real PA. My MixWiz, subs and amp racks are getting lonely.

The other piece of gear that's making my life easier is my Samsung Rugby LTE phone. The sound is good enough to make business calls (unlike so many others) and it has enough crunching power to run some useful apps - tuner, metronome, frequency analyzer and so on. And my Google calendar syncs up really easily, so I'm not entering dates twice, or forgetting them altogether. It's also not too big and not too small.

Archived