Burning Man report- Sunset Trip/Capitol Reckers

• Members

Back from an amazing trip to the desert, ran a full srx system- 6- 728's and two 725, and two 722's.

Super capable system, all processing done by Ashley processors, with offsets programmed for each type of box.

All amps were qsc plx 3402's. I always use tried& true tech out there...

Ran all kinds of stuff through- live bands, DJ. Etc. this year we teamed up with 3 other camps that added a lot of flair- we created the Capitol Reckers DJ booth, which is a replica of the capitol records building. It was incredible.

We had some international talent, high end house music etc. the system pounded out everyday- and while we weren't the loudest, we def were amongst the cleanest. Rig was able to put down 110dBa + at over 100', and 125dBc. I actually had to pull the HPf up to 50hz during day and non peak hours because of noise complaints!

Overall I say this- so disappointed JBL had to shut down the SRX line. Such a great speaker for its size & weight. The 728 pounds. I now own 8, and have no intention of selling them. I heard a lot of sound out there, and much I was really disappointed in. Tho pink mammoth stands out, as well as robot heart as great sound setups.

Awesome burn.

• Members

did you happen to get a listen to the huge klypsch mcm1900 system a friend of mine took out there all crown k2 powered? was curious how it did..its gone through some major restoration and i've not really ever liked how it sounded, and i know it could sound amazing, so maybe a week in the desert ironed out all the small issues.  man it looks cool and would fit the desert vibe really well.

• Members

Spotty- no. It's a huge area that BM is in ..

Witesol- HELL no. Hehe. Rented a 230kVa diesel. With proper distro- 2 600a distros, down to 4 200a distro running banded cable, then down to 100a spider boxes. Everything grounded. We powered about 30 RV's two stages. Lighting, etc

• Members

ToddAnisman wrote:

I actually had to pull the HPf up to 50hz during day and non peak hours because of noise complaints!

Whenever I'm running sound for an outdoor function in an urban area (like a street dance) I just automatically do this nowadays. It's that lowest 1/2 octave that just sails for blocks.

It's funny how the human ear works. The midrange stuff will tend to get lost in urban traffic noise without the low end rumble, but wow you can hear it so much more prominently if it's riding on the top of that stuff.

Every summer I do a lot of outdoor gigs, and this is the first time I've made it through the season without a noise complaint. I hate what it does to the sound but I have to admit it works.

Sounds like you had a blast at BM. Feel free to post pics :)

• Members

Yeah, I lost my login stuff and my old email wasnt active. Had a really rough 2011-12; divorce and such kind aderailed me for awhile, so I kinda vanished.

But yeah BM was pretty epic.

For anyone in LA, on oct.5th well be setting up the sunset Trip village at the Los Angeles burning Man decompression festival, held in the la historical park in Chinatown. It's $25, but totally worth it...

And there will be a fire tornado!!! 9 stages of music, and some amazing fire /aerial performances!

Archived