Kemper Profiler used in a Live Context

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I've thought about going the modeling route.  I was thinking something like an HD 500 though and using is similarly to how the OP want sto use his Kemper.  I've always used an amp though and have zero experience with modeling, so I'm not sure if this would work..... but my thought was to split the out of the POD to go direct to the mixer for FOH and monitor mix and then some to a small guitar amp (Vox AC 15, Fender Princeton) for an amp behind me.  I'm really not sure if this would work, but I don't see why it wouldn't be the same thing as going to a PA and a powered speaker. 

I guess the issue would be a guitar amps speaker is different than a PA speaker, so the sound coming out of the amp would not accurately reflect what is happening FOH?   In the end, it sounds to complicated to me and I just don't want to put in the time to figure it out when I can grab a guitar amp, slap 4-5 pedals on a board, and be good to go. 

• Members

Yer Blues wrote:

I've thought about going the modeling route.  I was thinking something like an HD 500 though and using is similarly to how the OP want sto use his Kemper.  I've always used an amp though and have zero experience with modeling, so I'm not sure if this would work..... but my thought was to split the out of the POD to go direct to the mixer for FOH and monitor mix and then some to a small guitar amp (Vox AC 15, Fender Princeton) for an amp behind me.  I'm really not sure if this would work, but I don't see why it wouldn't be the same thing as going to a PA and a powered speaker. 

I guess the issue would be a guitar amps speaker is different than a PA speaker, so the sound coming out of the amp would not accurately reflect what is happening FOH?   In the end, it sounds to complicated to me and I just don't want to put in the time to figure it out when I can grab a guitar amp, slap 4-5 pedals on a board, and be good to go. 

When I run the Kemper thru my Line 9 Tone Port interface into my Mac, to my Mackie monitors, it sounds amazing. For practicing/noodling in front of the TV, sometimes I run the Kemper into my Fender Vibro Champ XD. Clean model, tone turned all the way down. It doesn't sound ANYWHERE near as good. Very trebly. I've gone to a jam session and went into a Music Man 2X 12 combo. Same problem, really trebly. The Axe Fractal, Line 6, Kemper stuff, as a rule, shouldn't be used with a guitar amp. The powered monitor has a flat frequency  thing happening which doesn't color the tone of the Kemper. As I've said, the goal is authentic Kemper tone in a small club setting. If I find myself in a situation where I could run thru a PA, all the better. As far as complicated, the Kemper has ALL the tones I'll ever need. I used to have an amp with pedals or a processor, while it sounded good, it couldn't come close to the quality and variety the Kemper gives. If You haven't played thru one, definitely check it out. I had no interest until mrsully posted a post. Tried one and was blown away. It's not cheap, granted, but the Tone and feel are more than worth it. You'll have EVERY Amp you've ever wanted. With the performance upgrade, it's a matter of plugging the Kemper into my monitor with a  controller and GO. No pedals/ pedalboard. Simple.

Archived