Renkus Heinz IC

• Members

Most of the comments I've read through the search function are positive regarding Renkus Heinz but I haven't read any comments similar to my situation.

Here's my situation:

Permanent Installation

Full bands with adult, contemporary rock music style

Room (looking out from the stage): 90 ft wide, 53 ft long, ceiling height 26 ft at peak and 18 ft.

NOT chest pounding sound levels. Rather, clean, full sound with even distribution

Though full rock bands,  the volume is generally upper 90s at most (seldom) and usually in the 70s to 80s at the other side of the room (53 ft across).

Audience is typically ~500

System we are considering: One ICL-FR on each side of the stage and one IC215S-FR (sub) flown at the front and above the stage

Anyone with experience of these speakers believe the above mentioned setup will work well.

Anyone care to recommend similar quality with good warranty and price.

Price for the above system and installation (minus electrical): $21K

• Members

NOT enough rig for the gig.

You will not get chest pounding bass out of that system.

Although RH makes high quality gear you have chosen the wrong system for your needs.

You definitely want to go with a high quality rig, and not the typical muscian P.A. crap.

Honestly you need a real pro to come in and put a system in for you, and not some yoyo just

trying to sell you the gear left over in his warehouse.

With that 21k you could spend less on cabs, and still get a big accurate sound.

Where are you located?  

Someone here can point you to a real pro to come in and look over your requirements.

• Members

The problem with the kla is coverage. The room is wide and fairly shallow. The wideline or ila would be a better choice though the wideline is a better choice. The hf horizontal coverage is very important, even with the wideline, front fills will probably be necessary.

• Members

Guys, you are missing the very specific issue of coverage. This is a very wide room.

A pair of point source cabinets might also work, but might introduce other issues as well. If it were my installation I would look at something like a pair of the srx-712's per side but look at relative positions to get as even coverage as possible but also consider a short hang (maybe 2 or 3 boxes) of sidelines specifically for the diffraction hf properties.

Archived