Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

Gigging with SRM450's tonight, Any EQ tips?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigging with SRM450's tonight, Any EQ tips?

I'll be using them over Yorkville LS801p subs for my band, which is LOUD rock music. It'll be interesting to compare them to the ef500p's. As I said in another post, with recorded music, the Yorkvilles were limiting before the Mackies were, for whatever that's worth.

Anyway, which freq's should I look at notching?

the bad ones!  just kidding. Couldnt tell you without being there. 

Last time i mixed on them I remember taking out a couple db @ 6.3k and some 140

Comment

• Tomm Williams
      Tomm Williams commented
      Editing a comment

This is where your ears and experience come into play. If there was a preset do-all EQ setting for those (or any) speaker, the factory would have designed them that way. Listen for problems and then fix. 

• voicemaster
      voicemaster commented
      Editing a comment
      I usually cut around 4k

• mrcpro
      mrcpro commented
      Editing a comment

I've notched that artificial Mackie sizzle out (6.5-8k) at times, but it robs you of headroom when you need everything they've got - which is pretty much always me if what I've got that night is 450s. So usually I just run them flat and live with it.

Since you are just grabbing some cabs and piling them on top of some subs or on sticks then why not run some  quality recorded music through your system.

Leave all the tone controls flat, and your GEQ flat

Adjust the tops/bottoms so system sounds full sounding as close as you can get it.

Then tone shape the system with your GEQ.

Adjust individual tone controls on each channel for whatever you run through each channel.

Unless you have an RTA, or Smaart and pink noise, and sine wave generator, and all that such

Comment

• witesol
      witesol commented
      Editing a comment

Pro Sound Guy wrote:

Since you are just grabbing some cabs and piling them on top of some subs or on sticks then why not run some  quality recorded music through your system.

Leave all the tone controls flat, and your GEQ flat

Adjust the tops/bottoms so system sounds full sounding as close as you can get it.

Then tone shape the system with your GEQ.

Adjust individual tone controls on each channel for whatever you run through each channel.

Unless you have an RTA, or Smaart and pink noise, and sine wave generator, and all that such

indeed. perfect advice. 

I'll add an old school technique;

grab the lead vocal mic at FOH and if you can sing at all, sweep from as low as you can with your voice on up, listening for "hotspots" in the venue. When i do briefcase gigs I'll often employ that technique and make a couple quickie adjustments. 

Working...
X