X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PA Recommendation

I'm looking to buy a PA system that will primarily be used in venues that hold 400-500 people.  End user will be a 4-man vocal group with canned music as the background.  However, that will be fairly loud.  I'd like something like the Mackie SRM series with 2 18" Powered Subs on ea. side, and 2 12" powered drivers as satellites.  I also need 4 monitors.

Budget? Venue details? (is the performance room deep or wide, tall or ?!?) Is there a stage? What else is in the room... a bar? Tables? We need more detail please...

Where the Mississippi River runs west...

Comment

• KingConga
      KingConga commented
      Editing a comment

Budget $2500.  As I said, venue(s) will be for 400-500.  Of course, they will be different venues.  Yes, there will be a stage.  Yes, tables.

Do you live in an area where you can hire a sound provider, if so, do so.

If you have to buy a PA because you don't have access to a sound company, then perhaps you could provide more details. What kind of events are we talking. Is this a barbershop quartet, or a four piece boy band or ? Are the events low key, or are they more like concerts? What about lights, will you have a light show or tech? And speaking of techs, will you have a sound tech?

In general $2500.00 might get you a nice used system for small taverns or pubs, but usually not much more than that.

My quick and easy PA which would comfortably cover 250 people or so, would cost over $8500.00 new, before taxes. That's 2 x Unity U15 for FOH, 1 x Yorkville LS720 sub, 1 x Yorkville PM16 mixer, 4 x Yorkville NX350 monitors. And that doesn't include mics, stands, cables or cases.

I think you need to up your budget or hire out, unless your volume demands are low - and even then...

Comment

Thanks for the help.  I'm done.

Comment

• witesol
        witesol commented
        Editing a comment

see what you did shaster, you scared the OP away.:smiley-music021:

KingConga wrote:

I'm looking to buy a PA system that will primarily be used in venues that hold 400-500 people.  End user will be a 4-man vocal group with canned music as the background.  However, that will be fairly loud.  I'd like something like the Mackie SRM series with 2 18" Powered Subs on ea. side, and 2 12" powered drivers as satellites.  I also need 4 monitors.

Used SRM and mackie subs might go for $1500, Four Alto monitors go for a grand and will work if the stage volume is low. If you need louder monitors you will need to score a sweet deal on more SRM's or some used passive gear.

<div class="signaturecontainer">The wheel is an extension of the foot</div>

Comment

It wasn't me... this time!

Comment

• RoadRanger
          RoadRanger commented
          Editing a comment

As a general response, 1.) When you haven't been in the market for something in years, it's hard to come up with an accurate number. 2.) When you're not even quite sure what you need, it's even harder.  3.) I found a quote for new.  4.) Turn the lights out when you guys are done, cuz I'm done.

Comment

Working...
        X