Mackie DL1608 warranty service

• Members

My nearly 2 month old DL-1608 developed a bad 1/4 inch input on channel 13. I did have problems with Mackie's website. Sent them an e-mail directly and got a reply the next day. They sent me a replacement unit with a return UPS label. No shipping charges and down time was about an hour. Not the way I would do it, but very functional. If it had been out of warranty, I would have just fixed it myself. (90% sure it was just the connector.) Just want to say that I'm satisfied with this service.

• Members

Wow that's pretty good service really.

Given the price point of the DL1608, I assume they are not the best quality jacks available. Hopefully it's not something that's destined to happen to all the DL1608s.

I remember reading a post where the 1/4 inch jacks got stuck in the combo inputs - did you have anything like this happen prior to the jack failing? Do you even use the 1/4 inch inputs?

My DL1608 has exceeded my expectations - hope it keeps working!

Cheers

• Members

All the connectors are Neutrik brand. I was surprised by it's failure, but it's been the only failure of any of their connector products I've ever had. (And I use their speakon connectors on all my passive PA speakers and monitors.) The channel still worked if I used an xlr connector into it. (It was one of 1/4 inch and XLR connectors. There are four of them on the mixer. I'd like to have the entire second row built like that.) Sometimes things just have some kind of defect built in. I'm not considering this a common failure, just my turn.

• Members

I had the same thing happened to me...the 1/4" jack broke.  Took it back to the music store in St Paul where I purchased it from.  A few days later, had a phone call to come pick up a brand new replacement...was quite happy!

To avoid this problem in the future (and to also get all 16 channels with combo jacks--I really hope that the 1608 had more 1/4" inputs), I recently purchased a single space rack with 16 XLR into the mixer to 16 combo jacks.  If interested, let me know.

• Members

DPT NUGEN wrote:

To avoid this problem in the future (and to also get all 16 channels with combo jacks--I really hope that the 1608 had more 1/4" inputs), I recently purchased a single space rack with 16 XLR into the mixer to 16 combo jacks.  If interested, let me know.

Just be aware that the DL1608 TRS inputs are padded and DON'T have phantom on them. You loose that with your patch panel frown.gif . I was actually all hyper about doing something like that to convert the DL1608 into a 2U rack unit smile.gif (mounted sideways inside) but I forgot that you need access to the channel trims frown.gif .

Archived