Halloween?

• Members

So, since we all have lots of audio and lighting equipment to play with, how many of you decorate the house with them for Halloween? I started doing it about 10 years ago. Now I have to take off work a couple of days in advance to get it ready...it growed. Lasers, lighting, hazer, LED cans and bars, and 4-5 life-sized animatronic figures takes a while. We run audio through the neighborhood (I put a spell on you, Haunted House, Werewolves of London, etc...) Here is a partial picture from last year but the lasers weren't on when my friend took the picture...

2012.jpg

• Members

Cool!

Trick or treat here was on Sunday and over with by 5:30

I just stuck a full range EAW box outside and pumped a bunch of Walt Disney haunted house sounds

into the neighborhood.

I had a huge heaping bowl of candy and my 8 yr old decided everyone needs hands full of candy and

we were out by 5:30

ROFL

• Members

Nice stuff.

I used to get into it. Decorations, changed all the security lights to red, lots of pumpkins, music, and all that stuff. Lately though the neighbourhood is aging. Last year we only had five or six kids all evening. This year I'm working so we might just go dark.

• CMS Author

Pro Sound Guy wrote:

I had a huge heaping bowl of candy and my 8 yr old decided everyone needs hands full of candy and

we were out by 5:30

One year when my kids were little ones, the ex and I couldn't find a family member to come over and hand out candy while we took them around. So I stuck a large bowl on the porch, filled it with everything we had, and we went out. Got up the cul-de-sac and back, the bowl was empty. Ex was upset and thought it was mean of some kids to take so much. I just laughed. Sometimes it's good to be the early bird.

• Members

I live on a cul de sac and so it's never very busy, but I threw a powered speaker in the window of the upstairs bedroom over my front walk and blasted Martha Stewart's "Spooky Sounds of Halloween" for the 2 hours of trick-or-treat and everyone loved it... (not all at the same time, obviously, but here are the typical sounds) tell-tale hearbeats, wind noise, witches cackling, sinister laughter, distant screaming, large dog/werewolf growling noises (that scared folks the most), hooting owls, eerie theremin noises, etc. 

Archived