M-Audio GSR 110

• Members

A buddy of mine blew his M-Audio GSR  with the 10 inch speaker. Didn't Alto or some other co. Buy them out? He's thinking of throwing it away, thinking it would cost more then it's worth, He bought it when they were blowing them out for $99.00 he says it would probably cost more then that to fix it.. It powered up but then after a few seconds it shuts down. What do you think should he pitch it? Thanks

• Members

I'll take it! That said, I have a pair of the 10"s and a pair of the 12"s and all 4 woofers died very early. Keyboardist also has a 12 and he recently had to replace the woofer as well. With woofer swaps they have been flawless.probably have done 100 gigs or so with them.

• Members

Speaker manufacturers do in some ways already.

These limits, which are bitched about rather regularly, are a result of better understanding and ways to control such events but always reduce maximum performance to the most skilled (top couple of percent) users. Also, almost always, those who bitch the loudest are those that need these limits the most!

• Members

Re: the truck comments....most of these comments in this thread are just not factual, engine electronics were much further advanced for on-highway diesel than they were for automotive until the last last 10-12 years or so, As far as the Detroit Diesel comments go, their electronics have never been the leader in field and you are delusional if you think they are. The earliest leader was Cummins but only for a period of about 2 years; once Cat switched from the PEEC system to the ADAM ECM no one else even came close until Cat exited the on-highway market on 2010 (which they are back in btw). As far as the comments on drivers...they have not been in control of engines since the mechanical governors exited the industry in the early 90's except for overspeed caused by the driveline over-speeding the engine on grades. I have been in this industry (on the mining side and autonomy side for the last 7) at the manufacture and distributor level for the last 25 + years so please don't share "facts" that are really without any merit.

The manufacture does not charge more for HP for warranty costs, the price structure has always been pure marketing only. There is no correlation between HP and warranty costs as posted, in fact it is actually the opposite in almost all classes except for the 7-9 litre range.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived