Mic Question?

• Members

Got one and use it rarely (we bought it 20 years ago for an Elvis act). It seemed to work OK. It doesn't sound anything like the 58 series of mics (even though the capsule is the same). IMO it's a slight step down in audio quality and rejection but if the visual is worth the sacrifice then go for it.

• Members

Funny you mentioned this.

I have to provide sound for this Frank Sinatra guy in December for a  Christmas party for one hour.

He uses that mic

He is coming in on a plane and their is no big band so I am assuming he is going to use

canned music through the system.  

I hope he leaves mic back at home as well :)

• Members

bigjd wrote:

Still want the performance of the one I have. After using it for so many years just looking at other stuff.

One big factor in what makes a mic sound the way it does is the body (that's why they don't make mics that look like the 55 anymore (except for that retro LOOK)). That's also why there are such similaraties between most modern mics. There are probably less than a dozen shape variations depending on application. Just like most planes have wings.........

This is also why "cupping" the mic makes it sound & behave like kaka (you've just changed the shape of the body near the capsule).

My .02

• Members

Pro Sound Guy wrote:

Funny you mentioned this.

I have to provide sound for this Frank Sinatra guy in December for a  Christmas party for one hour.

He uses that mic

He is coming in on a plane and their is no big band so I am assuming he is going to use

canned music through the system.  

I hope he leaves mic back at home as well
:)

Ha, that guys pretty good!  

Archived