Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you have some model numbers and products mixed up. I think they have multiple channels of BSS DPR available, those are compressors and may have some with de-essers. That would be a DPR-402, 404, 422 etc.

Unless you really know what you are doing and understand exactly how this gear works and what it is for, you can get yourself royally screwed buying something that costs more to maintain than to buy. You may not ever get an opportunity to operate it before it sinks you.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Former product development engineer: Genz Benz, a KMC Music/Fender Musical Instruments Company, continuing factory level product support and service for Genz Benz

Currently product development engineer: Mesa Boogie

Comment

No sir not interested in any of this. Not applicable for what I do, and my fiance would kill me, have a wedding to save for.

Maybe some cases with wheels, yes. Or a spotlight if it's cheap, I do get calls to do comedian sound for a town nearby.

Comment

Ok I dont know what those straps are rated at but those cabs hanging off of those nylon straps is making me nervous whilst im drinking my coffee

Comment

Ok I dont know what those straps are rated at but those cabs hanging off of those nylon straps is making me nervous whilst im drinking my coffee

Only because you don't know what they are. They are absolutely safe, industry standard Spanset web slings.

http://www.spanset-usa.com/lifting-websling-powerplus.cfm
          -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Former product development engineer: Genz Benz, a KMC Music/Fender Musical Instruments Company, continuing factory level product support and service for Genz Benz

Currently product development engineer: Mesa Boogie

Comment

I've used them before, great box, lots of output, pretty good LF extension with processing, heavy as hell, big, deep, and originally used EVM-18B drivers which folks beat the **************** out of so most are in pretty poor shape when used without proper protective processing and especially HPF. I have reco9ned many, many drivers used in this application.

There were some folks who tried other drivers such as the newer DL-18B and EVX but (and this is going from foggy memory) there are clearance issues due to frame depth... it's not an easy or even possible changeout and there may have been a modified backet available in later incarnations.

Buyer beware.

There were some folks who tried other drivers such as the newer DL-18B and EVX but (and this is going from foggy memory) there are clearance issues due to frame depth... it's not an easy or even possible changeout and there may have been a modified backet available in later incarnations.

So IF a guy could get a pair of these for the right price that WORK and are FUNCTIONAL all a that guy would need to run these speakers would be two DBX 223's run in 3 way with 40 hz cut? and that guy had a Yamaha CP 2000, Crown XTI 4000 and a QSC 1450?

Comment

I saw a whole bunch of these on clearance a few years back. A lot of them ended up in the higher-end clubs in and around Toronto.

For $200 per I'd probably buy a pair just to keep in the garage.

Comment

Man, if I had storage space, like a big garage, I would totally buy a pair or more of these. Amazing price for what I hear are insanely great sounding speakers!

Comment

Only because you don't know what they are. They are absolutely safe, industry standard Spanset web slings.

http://www.spanset-usa.com/lifting-websling-powerplus.cfm

It just amazes me when I see a 24 ton boat lifted in a travel lift with 2 12" straps.

Comment

IMO, that's close enough to 400 lbs...

Like hand granades, close enough works just fine.

Horseshoes, hand grenades, and atomic warfare... when close enough is close enough.
                    "A performer without techs is standing naked, on a dark stage, and no one can hear them. A tech without a performer... has marketable skills."

Comment

I know this is a pretty old post but I was wondering if any of these are still available.  I am guessing not but hey never hurts to ask

Comment

Are these still available?

Comment

• nchangin
                          nchangin commented
                          Editing a comment

Probably not. I can try the lady tonight see if she will return phone call, last time she wouldn't.

I think it would be fun to have a pair but chances are they are not in pristine shape, probably been stored for eons and going from memory I think they are 5 ways? I wouldn't even know where to get a crossover for that.

If they are still available please email me at ericf210@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                        X