Clearance on EV Mt4

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clearance on EV Mt4

The Good the bad or the ugly?

Local production company says they have 70 of them and want to sell. She was stating
    $200.00 each. Only reason I would get them (DJ) would be for big shows outdoors. She did state amps as well but didn't know the models, going to get a fax list tommorrow of everything for sale.

I cannot find many resources on these speakers online? Thanks.

Aren't they massive boxes? I know they used to sell for quite a bit but they're very old. I'm guessing they're in a similar situation as the old Meyer stuff like the original UPAs, they don't go for much anymore because nobody wants to move them.
    How about a mother****************ing crocodile pit instead of those titty ****************s !

Last edited by Jazz Ad on 06-20-2004 at 098 PM

Comment

Comment

• Fabio rossi
        Fabio rossi commented
        Editing a comment
        Still have the mtl4s ? Please call me at 2677216711 i am also interested in some mtl2 if u have one.

I've used them before, great box, lots of output, pretty good LF extension with processing, heavy as hell, big, deep, and originally used EVM-18B drivers which folks beat the **************** out of so most are in pretty poor shape when used without proper protective processing and especially HPF. I have reco9ned many, many drivers used in this application.

There were some folks who tried other drivers such as the newer DL-18B and EVX but (and this is going from foggy memory) there are clearance issues due to frame depth... it's not an easy or even possible changeout and there may have been a modified backet available in later incarnations.

Buyer beware.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Former product development engineer: Genz Benz, a KMC Music/FMIC/JAM Industries Company, continuing factory level product support and service for Genz Benz

Currently product development engineer: Mesa Boogie

Comment

First off, you are aware that this is a 400 pound box, right?
        -

Comment

oh holy crap I'd love to get some of these. but. 400lbs ea? no.
          www.rock-bot.com
          Live-Band-Karaoke

bassist and sound reinforcement

Comment

oh holy crap I'd love to get some of these. but. 400lbs ea? no.

263 lbs actually:
            http://pdf.textfiles.com/manuals/STARINMANUALS/Bosch%20-%20EV/MTL-4BP.pdf

Comment

Yikes. Stupidly heavy. I heard a couple different rigs with those back in the day. A buddy of mine had 16 of the tops and bottoms and used them for outdoor shows. Extremely loud, good throw but not much under 50hz from em, but he didn't any processing on em outside of the crossover. I'm sure they kept legions of chiropractors in work.

Comment

263 lbs actually:

IMO, that's close enough to 400 lbs...

Like hand granades, close enough works just fine.
                -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Former product development engineer: Genz Benz, a KMC Music/FMIC/JAM Industries Company, continuing factory level product support and service for Genz Benz

Currently product development engineer: Mesa Boogie

Comment

• ChiroVette
                  ChiroVette commented
                  Editing a comment

agedhorse wrote:
                  263 lbs actually:

LMAO!! I don't know about that. I can lift a 263 pound cabinet myself and even carry it. Not sure if I could carry 400 pounds of cabined more than a step or two myself.

Man, if I had the storage space and vehicle to store speakers like that, I would investigate them or some like them for outdoor shows. Since I do most of the PA lifting ans setup myself, though, I think PRX is right where I need to be. But man, when I saw the pics of those setup I kind of got wood...pun intended.

It only weighs 16 lbs more than a KF850 and they have to go ON TOP! Hasn't stopped folks from buying them.

If I had an install, I would buy a ton of them for that price. (In fact just over a ton of them would only be 8.)

My trailer would not like me any more.

Comment

Comment

A lot of the hair bands around here have used the 2 woofer model. Usually 2-3 cabs/side.
                    tlbonehead@yahoo.com
                    www.myspace.com/tbone_tommy
                    -For Sale:
                    -set of GFS Dream 90s- gold and black pearl- $40 shipped in the cont. US
                    -(2) Celestion G12M-70 16 ohm guitar speakers in good condition $40 ea. + shipping.
                    - Vox VT15 Valvetronix very clean - $85 + shipping
                    - Hughes Kettner Edition Tube 20 (the early Voxy sounding one) Sounds & looks good. $250 + shipping. SOLD
                    - Crate Palomino V8 - 10" Celestion - Very clean - on Ebay (sold)

Comment

Aren't they massive boxes? I know they used to sell for quite a bit but they're very old. I'm guessing they're in a similar situation as the old Meyer stuff like the original UPAs, they don't go for much anymore because nobody wants to move them.

I still like the UPAs. Even at 70lbs a box, they are so compact, very easy for one person to throw up.

Comment

It'd be a 4 person lift for sure no matter how much they weigh. If I had an install I'd love to have 4ea, it would absolutely rock. But there is a TON of older gear coming off their service life and getting sold hella cheap. Amplifying it isn't easy either: the MTL4 is basically 2 dual 18's, 1 PLX3402 per box in parallel mode. The tops are triamp only IIRC, not power hogs but that's 3ch of amp @ 4ohms per box. Already you're into 5ch of amps and a quad crossover/processor. Maybe they have racks of P3000s for them too.
                        www.rock-bot.com
                        Live-Band-Karaoke

bassist and sound reinforcement

Comment

You guys want to see the list?

I'm not up this high end gear so from what it sounds like probably not a good investment if I need 18 more amplifiers. I will get the list tommorrow faxed over.

These were two other things she mentioned, believe these are consoles, it's just what I got over the phone and noted.

DTR 404 12 channel
                          BSS dpr 8 channel

Oh and she has Biance's (spelling) stage steps or something like that for sale....
                          But she has lot's of rack cases with wheels (call me wheels) and I need more protectivemoving gear, only 30 miles away so I'll drive out there and check it out.

Comment

Working...
                          X