No announcement yet.

Problem with Electro Voice ND767A

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Electro Voice ND767A

During rehearsal last week, Camille dropped her mic from about 5'7" to the floor. It worked fine the rest of rehearsal. She keeps it in the little bag when at home. Tonight, we got two songs in and it just stopped working. I tried a different input, then a different cable. It would work for a couple verses, then quit. The sound quality seemed fine when it was working. We switched to an SM57 to finish out the night.

Any clues on what's going on?

I'm taking it somewhere tomorrow to be looked at.

Second question, is there a more secure mic clip for that model?

http://www.stlband.com
    http://www.youtube.com/sweepthelegband
    http://www.facebook.com/sweepthelegband

I would have it looked at. It could be a simple resolder of a lead, or possibly replacement of the element. Here's EV's contact info:

Customer Service
    General Customer Service
    130 Perinton Pkwy
    Fairport, NY 14450, US

Tel: +1 (800) 289-0096
    comm.webmaster@bosch.com

Product Service
    Repair and Spare Parts Service: AMER
    (Comm)
    8601 East Cornhusker Hwy
    Dock B
    Lincoln, NE 68507, US

Tel: 800-553-5992
    Fax: 800-366-1329
    comm.webmaster@bosch.com

"If you don't know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else" - Yogi Berra, 1925-2015

Comment

• RoadRanger
      RoadRanger commented
      Editing a comment

I've got a dead PL80C that was dropped in it's pouch and stopped working. If I knew how to remove the element from the body I'd take a look myself - but don't want to make it worse by forcing it apart. Anybody know the "secret"?

Generally these are not repairable and the element must be replaced. It's rare under such conditions for it to be anything else.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Former product development engineer: Genz Benz, a KMC Music/FMIC/JAM Industries Company, continuing factory level product support and service for Genz Benz

Currently product development engineer: Mesa Boogie

Comment

• RoadRanger
      RoadRanger commented
      Editing a comment

agedhorse wrote:
      Generally these are not repairable and the element must be replaced. It's rare under such conditions for it to be anything else.

I've never heard of an SM58 dying from a moderate drop - are EV's particularly sensitive or ?

Provably a little bit less robust in this department.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Former product development engineer: Genz Benz, a KMC Music/FMIC/JAM Industries Company, continuing factory level product support and service for Genz Benz

Currently product development engineer: Mesa Boogie

Comment

• Unalaska
      Unalaska commented
      Editing a comment
      EV is pretty good about repairs, even legacy mics. Sometimes the element can get damaged when dropped and in that case the shock mount and element get replaced. Contact EV directly.

• OneEng
      OneEng commented
      Editing a comment

agedhorse wrote:
      Provably a little bit less robust in this department.

Despite the fact that the 767 is my favorite mic for live music, I agree that in this department it is a little bit less robust than a 58.

Having said that, I have dropped mine plenty over the years and all 5 of mine are still working with no issues.

I have seen vids of trucks running over 58's though

Working...
X