picked up another set of HDH3 today

• Members

these are different from what i have already - these have fly points identical my hdh4 tops. they have plastic mesh for grills unlike my existing steel grills with holes. at first i thought 'what happened to the steel grills?" but then i looked closer and the plastic mesh looks factory(???).

they also have the (ep4?) connectors. interesting!

the rat fur is total garbage. its gotta go

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The "tennis racket" plastic mesh grill material was the standard back then for many of Peaveys products. A lot to be true. As was the ep4 connector. I do seem to remember a Ep8 connector in on the sub.  A +/- set for each 18 and then a ep4 out to make a run to the tops biamp but that really was a long time ago. I mixed on a setup with 3 tops/bottoms with the hdh processor before and it sounded pretty darn good for that time. Subs are pretty solid down to around 45 hz or so. They really are not that bad setup right.

Dookietwo

• Members

45hz? That's it? There's a guy selling a pair locally and has been for a year maybe. Too much $ for a sub that's not going down very low. Of course it's designed to crossover at 160 or so, perfect for the matching top.

Archived