Audiopile speakers

• Members

Tomm Williams wrote:

I heard them at Andy's and they are remarkable for the price, even at twice the price they're still a good buy. If you buy some, get the tuning sheet it makes quite a difference.

I heard them at the same time. Agreed they are really nice and priced right too. With minimal EQing they sound great (we're talking a db or two here or there). Even with no EQ they are a nice sounding box. If I was in the market, I'd consider them for sure.

• Members

agedhorse wrote:

I think pretty good for rock monitors, about 8-9 dB less max SPL than an srx712m

And from what I remember about 3db more efficiency than the srx712m. More spl per watt but be careful about that top spl figure. The srx boxes aren't overly efficient but they will take insane amounts of power. For folks on a budget Audiopile's speakers will also save $$$ you in buying watts (and if you really drove them to that top spl figure you'd be deaf soon anyway - they'll get plenty loud :-). They are also overall a great sounding speaker (with minor EQing, rivaling the srx at everything other than ear bleed volume for about 1/6th the cost)

• Members

Pro Sound Guy wrote:

How in the world are you making any money on that box at that price point?

While I won't comment on that directly, I'll say that in my opinion:  "The best way to sell something is to sell it."

And in my experience, there's two primary methods of selling something:

1)  Saturation advertising, or:

2)  Price it stupidly right to get it out there and let the product sell itself via users and word of mouth.

Saturation advertising that works costs real money, which somehow must be paid for... usually by the end user who "bought the advertising".

I do believe that word of mouth advertising can be viable.  I'll let the market decide.

• Members

Just a heads up. I'm out on the site buying a CU series mixer rack and some other odds and ends and noticed all the DUS stuff is now marked "January Clearance Featured Item".

Mark, the title is confusing. Is it simply a temporary discount (aka a SALE) or does it mean you're selling current stock and discontinuing?

• 1 month later...

Archived