Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

New portable "line array" from FBT (Vertus)

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those are some sexy stacks. I wish they were readily available. I'd buy 3 sets.

Comment

• abzurd
      abzurd commented
      Editing a comment

jcpatte2 wrote:
      Those are some sexy stacks. I wish they were readily available. I'd buy 3 sets.

I heard there's a shipment coming this week (which figures). So there may be something available soon. Still, given the customer service, I'd run away from FBT. It's just awful!

Good to hear another eyewitness account of the Vertus system. This system appeals to me because it is scalable to meet all my needs, from solo acoustic to DJing weddings/privates to my acoustic-electrics trio, all the way up to full band in small to medium venues that don't provide sound.

Now, that we just had our first kid though it appears my wait time will be a little longer before I can pull the trigger. Anybody wanna buy a used Peavey SP system covered in carpet? It comes with character marks and a hint of sweet stale cigarettes and beer!

Comment

My only concern with this system is how it would "keep up" with acoustic drums. In the one hand, if you guys are getting adequate volume from the system with e-drums I feel it should be okay not having to support the drums so much. Thus, just turn up the volume of everything else, right?

OTOH, with a real heavy handed acoustic drummer, what's your opinion if the system to keep up? Especially in an outdoor setting like the pic above?

Just wondering.

Comment

• dbMontana
        dbMontana commented
        Editing a comment

Abzurd, that is truly a nice clean looking setup.

• abzurd
        abzurd commented
        Editing a comment

jcpatte2 wrote:
        My only concern with this system is how it would "keep up" with acoustic drums. In the one hand, if you guys are getting adequate volume from the system with e-drums I feel it should be okay not having to support the drums so much. Thus, just turn up the volume of everything else, right?

OTOH, with a real heavy handed acoustic drummer, what's your opinion if the system to keep up? Especially in an outdoor setting like the pic above?

Just wondering.

I'm not sure what you mean. It would keep up fine. This is a real PA. For crowds of up to 200 I regularly use only 1/2 of it. Don't mistake it for the BOSE sticks. This is a traditional and competent FOH system.

I think you summed up what I wanted to hear pretty well. "This is a traditional and competent FOH system" was the reassurance I needed to purchase sight unseen/heard. Now I jut gotta sell some stuff.

Comment

• abzurd
        abzurd commented
        Editing a comment

I've never been completely happy with the mounting of both mains. FBT sells a dummy stand that looks like a small speaker, but they aren't available in USA and the prices I've seen them for are insane anyway.

So here's a low cost solution. It's just a speaker pole cut to length and put into the pole cup adapter I already had. The speaker attaches to the cleats on the second sub and is supported on the bottom by the pole.

pole 1

pole 2

Attached Files

• OneEng
        OneEng commented
        Editing a comment

jcpatte2 wrote:
        I think you summed up what I wanted to hear pretty well. "This is a traditional and competent FOH system" was the reassurance I needed to purchase sight unseen/heard. Now I jut gotta sell some stuff.

Abzurd used to use a pair of RCF522a's over some Yorkville LS powered subs (feel free to correct me Abzurd), both of which are more well known and respected speakers.  He doesn't appear to be going back to them, so I am guessing that this speaker system does a pretty good job

Also, IME it is easier to get vDrums to sound good in the mix and have punch than it is to get acoustic drums to do the same.  Of course, it helps to have good punch on your subs reguardless of what kind of drums you use.

Working...
    X