This is interesting...

• Members

Why has the man never came back to the moon? Do they really reach the Lunar surface? Some questions that won't have any answer at all, but are good ones, how about who was the one who ordered the Kennedy assassination and why? Are we alone in the universe? Why? How?  I've never seen any ufo, but I believe that we are not alone; but sure this topics are intriguing 

• Members

JV90 wrote:

Maybe kanhna would like to translate us what is she saying on this video:

yes ....

Report name: "Disclosed confidential data about UFOs"

What you have seen, photographed in the sky over Wells in England,

600 pages of official British intelligence report can be considered as an official denial of information on UFOs. Eyewitness accounts and video official London considers erroneous ... balloons, military installations and samolety.LOL

• Members

agedhorse wrote:

Efficient coding and direct solutions go a long way towards making low powered computers very powerful in practice. I learned on an IBM 360 myself!

Yup -- hauling card decks down to a series 44 at Ohio University in 1970.  Boy those were the days huh?  Sort of related: I think I posted this once before but an engineering professor of mine at Montana State did work on the Apollo Saturn 5 booster and claimed to have done most of the vibration analysis with slide rules as computer access was limited at the time. 

Oh wait -- my 32 Gb pocket computer just warned me I have a meeting in 10 minutes and is asking me in I'd like to confirm my attendance.  "Yes Seri, I'm coming...."

• Members

agedhorse wrote:

Efficient coding and direct solutions go a long way towards making low powered computers very powerful in practice. I learned on an IBM 360 myself!

So did I, and it was shared by 3 universities. You left your card stack and came back a few days later, after they had time to schedule your run, to get the resulting printout.

I thought the change to a 370 was amazing...for a little while. Our flight vehicle laptops guided them with 64K of ram for many years. If you code lean, and know what you are doing, you get amazing results from very small computers. Those lean programmers do NOT work at Microsoft....sorry had to say it.

• Members

JV90 wrote:

What about "project HAARP"?? Where they are installing a bunch of antennas on the north and south pole.... Haved you heard about it?

http://www.biografik.ru/stati/kovcheg_dlya_eliti_proekt__haarp___-_video.html

• Members

agedhorse wrote:

BTW:  I believe I likely hold the unofficial world record for height of an IBM-80 (fortran) punchcard "card house".  As I recall I reached 31 stories... slightly less than 9 feet.  The ceiling height in my frat house at the time was the limiting factor.

I assembled that card house with the some-odd hundreds of cards from my 2nd. semister final project fortran class... during Christmas break... in-between my radio deejay shows over the break.

BTW:  My second meeting of my wife... for the two of us, was at the university's IBM 360 submittial window.  She remembered me cause I'd come in to the submittal office reeking of cigars and 90wt. gear oil.  She was the late night batch gal at the university's computer center.  Our first meeting (which both of us vaguely remember) was years before in a weed infested housing development lot... we were likely somewhere around 5 - 6 years old at the time... there were gobs of other kids there... as I recall we were attempting to play some sort of sporting activity... but I think we were just whopping things with sticks.  Our third meeting, when we "connected"... she was working the swing shift at a quickie mart... and I stopped in to get "something to eat" (chips and beer as I recall) after a show.  She asked for my ID, I asked her for a date.

• CMS Author

JV90 wrote:

What about "project HAARP"?? Where they are installing a bunch of antennas on the north and south pole.... Haved you heard about it?

That's a steaming pile of horse manure. HAARP can't change weather, crash planes, or cause earthquake, tsunami, or tornado...just a small sample of what they've been blamed for doing. The same people probably believe the world is flat.

• Members

agedhorse wrote:

Part of my training in an earlier life was to write programmes in 370 Assembler - good mental exercise....I miss that stuff - nostalgia sure lends a rose tint to the specs !

• 2 months later...

Archived