Where can I find this part for a mic boom stand?

• Members

Two of my boom stands cracked this weekend. Funny how things get broken when other people "help." Anyway, the mic stands are find and the boom arms are fine; all I need is the clamp. Can I purchase it separately and, if so, where, or must I purchase the whole boom arm? Pictured is the part I mean when I say "clamp."

1d8ebc070ba2154542299e28c283443a.thumb.jpg.16150675e5e4c15623eab9c56a223220.jpg

• Members

Chances are I have some spare parts per your need... or you could hit-up the manufacture of the stand... that's a fairly common fail spot. Otherwise, if you still have both halves of the broken part, I'll offer consider JB Weld-ing it back together... I've done that before concerning the same seeming problem with seemingly good success.

• Members

I took a look on your website but didn't see that particular part. If you have a spare, please let me know. No rush on this one. I'm on the east coast so shipping could be more than the part. Your price for a new boom arm is a bargain but my stands are 5/8" thread and I'd prefer to skip the 3/8" to 5/8" adapters. Back in the day I owned a ton of Yorkville gear and these particular mic stands are "Yorkville" branded mic stands. I really don't think Yorkville manufactures their own mic stands. More likely they're made by someone else and simply re-branded as "Yorkville." The diameter of the boom arm is 0.64 inches or 16.3mm. Thank you for the JB Weld info. Maybe I'll give it a shot if I can't locate a clamp.

• Members
Thank you for the JB Weld info. Maybe I'll give it a shot if I can't locate a clamp.

Sounds like a perfect reason to buy a tool. I'll suggest a Irwin Quick-Grip or similar should do the job nicely... as well as being a handy item to have around.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived