Need help finding replacement sub for old Crate PS1208H

• Members

I was given a Crate PCM-8DP+ powered mixer and a pair of Crate PS1208H speakers. Good enough for my purpose. The sub on one of the speakers is dry-rotted.

I have called a couple vendors, and they are no help since these are probably old.

I'm no pro, but could y'all point me to some ways to replace this single speaker that would work (even if not perfect).

---

And, if you are opposed to me replacing the single speaker, please throw out a pair of comparable, not too expensive speakers, you'd suggest... although my use really suggests I should stay cheap on all this.

• Members

Those are a 12 inch woofer, 8 inch midrange-, plus horn. They were fairly loud for what they were in there day. I'd keep them for now until when or if you outgrow them. Take the woofer out. It may be a eminance or something like my link. The part number may be right on it. Happy hunting! https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-pa310-8-12-pro-woofer--295-032?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=pla

• Members
Those are a 12 inch woofer' date=' 8 inch midrange-, plus horn. They were fairly loud for what they were in there day. I'd keep them for now until when or if you outgrow them. Take the woofer out. It may be a eminance or something like my link. The part number may be right on it. Happy hunting! https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-pa310-8-12-pro-woofer--295-032?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=pla[/quote']

Thank you, but is there any way to determine the proper replacement sub without removing the existing one? I ask because they are in an awkward place, and I was hoping to do the removal and install all at once.

• Members

Thank you, but is there any way to determine the proper replacement sub without removing the existing one? I ask because they are in an awkward place, and I was hoping to do the removal and install all at once.

Only by looking at the picture it looks like 8 screws around the grill and 6 to 8 to take the speaker out. It's not really a ,"sub" it's the low frequency driver. Or do you mean the speakers are installed somewhere and are hard to get at? Maybe there is a vintage create users group on Facebook?

• 3 months later...

Archived