Connect In-Ears To Mixer

• Members

Help Please !!

I have a Presonus AR12 USB mixer. Works fine.

I have Shure PSM 200 in-ear monitors. Works fine.

Unfortunately, our bass player passed away recently, and he was the only one in the band that knew the technical stuff. Yeah, I should have paid attention, but never saw this coming.

Can anyone please help me figure out to connect the in-ears?

There are 2 TSR cables coming out of the front of the Transceiver. (I left as is after his death)

I could have sworn he connected those cables to the mixer under my vocal & guitar mic inputs, but I'm not getting any sound in my ears. So I connected one of the cables to Aux Mon 1 and getting sound. Our drummer has been using a separate box into Mon 2 with normal headphones.

In the past I've always had separate volumes for my vocals & guitar. The way I'm doing it now gives me only one volume.

Hope this makes sense. If anyone can help please keep it simple.

Thanks !!

• Members
Assuming your guitar and vocals are in channels 1&2 he probably ran from the insert on each channel into the two inputs on the shure unit. This would give you control over those inputs.

He had it 1 Bass, 2 Guitar, 3 Vocal . I couldn't hear anything plugging in there.

Thx

• Members

Your mixer has 2 monitor mixes. You "send" a little from each channel to this mix by using the "Mon1" or "Mon2" knob on the channel strip for that input. Lets say we want to use Mon1 for now and that your drummer's mix is Mon2.

On the back of your mixer is an Mon1 and Mon2 output. Connect a 1/4" TRS or TS to Mon1 output into your PSM 200 transmitter left input combo jack.

Use the "Aux 1/Mon 1" knob to control the overall output of your monitor mix into your PSM200. If you have this too high, it will clip your IEM transmitter. If you have it too low ... you won't be able to get enough output from your IEMs, or it will be noisy since the IEM transceiver will have to really boost the signal a lot.

Do the same thing for your drummer's mix.

In this setup you get two independent monitor mixes which are independent from the main FOH mix.

Archived