Merry Christmas to all!

• Members

Greetings! I have been somewhat absent this year due to a number of factors, but I have not forgotten my friends here. I want to wish you all a wonderful Christmas (and if you aren't Christian, I don't mean to insult or slight you.) May this season be filled with joy, friends, love, and happiness. Call someone that you haven't spoken to and who won't expect it, remember someone old or alone, help someone that could use it, and love your family like there is no tomorrow for days are not promised. Drive safely. Peace and joy, my friends.

A personal note: The time spent here was some of the best of my life. At 64 I can no longer do the things I was doing, so I retired from live sound some time ago. In January I found I have stage four emphysema, and there is no stage five. I don't have a timeline but am told it is usually 3-5 years. I wish I had been able to travel as I hoped to, but now I just can't do it. I sleep a lot. I feel OK, have few regrets in life, and still manage to do a few things I enjoy. Life goes on.

I say this all for one reason. Time is not guaranteed. Make the most of the time you have, enjoy your friends and family now, and do not put off what you want to do in life. You may find it too late if you wait.

Love and peace, my friends.

• Members

Merry Christmas Axisplayer.

Thank you for your heart-felt greeting. There is enormous wisdom in your words. May the road rise to meet you, and the wind be forever at your back. May the sunshine warm upon your face, and the wind blow softly upon your fields.

I hope you and all the many HC members have had a wonderful holiday.

• Members

Hi Axisplayer, thank you for the much needed reminder that we need to stop and smell the roses for we don't know how many days we have on this earth. Prayers and best thoughts to you on this part of your journey. Thank you for all you have shared here over the years, I for one have benefited from your advise and knowledge. Have a wonderful 2018 and do all the things you want and can do.

• Members

Thanks guys. Nice of all of you to post. And Dave, we were truly hoping to meet you. I can't travel in my trailer. the trips are too long. My wife does remind me however that airplane trips are quick and only a few days, so I have not lost all hope. Just won't be a slow tour of the country as planned.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members

Belated greetings Axis. Stay strong, adjust your adventures to suit the conditions. I too retired from most of my production audio work (other than about a 4-5 week run) and I kind of enjoy not hurting all the time. If I only knew then what I know now, I might have done things a bit differently. Right?

• Members

Yes, I would have done things differently Andy. I have adjusted things by returning to my roots. I have sold almost all the PA gear and used a bit of the funds to buy some nice guitars and amps which is where I started in music. I play in the house and enjoy it. I may even play out at some point. I will just hire someone else for support so I can enjoy the night.

Archived