New tops? QSC / Peavey

• Members

I am so confused. Why do I sweat every single tiny detail lol. And I continue to pull more speakers in. I have heard the QSC K12.2 against the Prx815. Not apples to apples but I was surprised at how much more honkier the mids were in the JBL. I think that after hearing everything I have settled on the QSC K12.2 even though it has the standby feature as well. Oddly the only thing I haven"t been able to compare the K12.2 to are the Gen 1 K12s. Wonder what the difference would be? QSC says that the reason for only the 1db difference in SPL is because there wasn't a standardized test for powered speakers when they were released. I could be a little off on that but I took their comments as they guessed. Most seem to say the new K12.2 are louder and cleaner. However a new player has emerged. Has anyone heard the Peavey RBN112? Crappy side by side online comparisons really shined a light on the Peavey's. They have a ribbon driver. Thoughts???

• Members

I haven't heard the K12.2's yet (but I am looking forward to it). Other contenders I would suggest you give a listen to are the SRX812p, DSR112, and the RCF7XX speakers.

All of these speakers are at the upper end of powered speakers (that are in the price range of mortals) ;)

I would definitely give the DSR112 over the DXS18 a listen. Lots of power for the price.

Are you using subs? If so, what subs?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Yes I am using subs. 2 Yorkville 801p. I did buy QSC but I got a set of K12s. I found a pair locally that I just couldn't pass on as they were priced very well and in excellent condition with original boxes. Should be a nice step up from our Behringers B115Ds ;-) :-) I had a line on a set of DSR112 but they were gone before I had the cash.

Archived