Anybody have any experience with the RCF EVOX 8?

• Members

I've heard the Evox 8, and it's a great system for it's size. My RCF rep brought all 3 by here a while ago (5, 8, & 12). The Evox 8 is a nice step up from the Evox 5, without being much larger or heavier. The whole Evox series is much louder and better sounding than you'd expect from such a small package. Out of the box they're a little lacking in the low mids and super highs, but they sound crystal clear and they're very impressive for their size. They're amazingly light and portable. It takes a lot to impress me, and the Evox line is definitely impressive.

I have a pair of Evox 12's, and they're amazing for what they are. The 12's are a better fit for my uses than the 5 or the 8, but I wouldn't hesitate to use a pair of Evox 8's on a small mid-size show, especially a solo thing. They're great boxes. The Evox 5 would probably do 80%+ of the bands/venues in my area, so I think the Evox 8 would be great for you.

Where are you located? I doubt you're near me (Southeastern South Dakota), but you should talk to an RCF dealer in your area and see if you can arrange a demo. My RCF rep is out of Kansas City, and he covers a huge area. Let me know if you have trouble finding a stocking dealer in your area and I'll see if I can help you track down a system you can actually hear.

I think the Evox series is really underrated. If people knew what they could do everyone would have them.

• Members
I've heard the Evox 8, and it's a great system for it's size. My RCF rep brought all 3 by here a while ago (5, 8, & 12). The Evox 8 is a nice step up from the Evox 5, without being much larger or heavier. The whole Evox series is much louder and better sounding than you'd expect from such a small package. Out of the box they're a little lacking in the low mids and super highs, but they sound crystal clear and they're very impressive for their size. They're amazingly light and portable. It takes a lot to impress me, and the Evox line is definitely impressive.

I have a pair of Evox 12's, and they're amazing for what they are. The 12's are a better fit for my uses than the 5 or the 8, but I wouldn't hesitate to use a pair of Evox 8's on a small mid-size show, especially a solo thing. They're great boxes. The Evox 5 would probably do 80%+ of the bands/venues in my area, so I think the Evox 8 would be great for you.

Where are you located? I doubt you're near me (Southeastern South Dakota), but you should talk to an RCF dealer in your area and see if you can arrange a demo. My RCF rep is out of Kansas City, and he covers a huge area. Let me know if you have trouble finding a stocking dealer in your area and I'll see if I can help you track down a system you can actually hear.

I think the Evox series is really underrated. If people knew what they could do everyone would have them.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm a single act with vocals, acoustic, electric and baritone guitar, everything goes direct, no other amps. I use a Voicelive 3 and soon to get a Beat Buddy and play for crowds up to 60-100. If it get's any bigger and the 8 can't do it I can always haul my 612's out, they can cover a lot. So I'm hoping a single 8 can do the job. BTW, I'm in southern cal.

• Members
I'd wait a couple weeks' date=' EV is about to introduce a new line which I believe will knock Evox and Bose offerings out of the game.[/quote']

I just called EV presales folks and they could tell me that it won't be out until Oct. and it will be called the Evolve 50. No pricing or any other info. Dang!

• Members

I have a pair of Evox 12's, and they're amazing for what they are. The 12's are a better fit for my uses than the 5 or the 8, but I wouldn't hesitate to use a pair of Evox 8's on a small mid-size show, especially a solo thing. They're great boxes. The Evox 5 would probably do 80%+ of the bands/venues in my area, so I think the Evox 8 would be great for you. .....I think the Evox series is really underrated. If people knew what they could do everyone would have them.

I noticed the horizontal coverage drops sharply at 5K. Have you found that to be an issue? I owned the FBT Vertus and they suffered the same fate. It seeemed like a great spread, but it did drop off fast at 5K after about 60 degrees.

• Members

If you look at the polar plots, you can definitely see the graphic representation of this effect. It's definitely there, but isn't all that noticeable in real life. It's never been an issue for me, anyway. Even so, I tend to think of them more as 60 degree speakers rather than the 90 degrees they're listed as.

Archived