Midas M32r Mixer update

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • Members

My X-Live recording card came in yesterday. Installed the A11 card update. Installed the USB drivers on my laptop and everything works as it should. 32 track recording in the desk makes for easy one off recordings or transfer to DAW. Looking forward to my next band.

• Members

I'm settled in with mixing side of stage with FOH mixing from a tablet. Once in a great while I'll setup in the normal FOH location and use the DL16 as a stage box. To add a few more channels which of course is only 1-6 more needed I went with a S16. I am going to record drums with the DL16 and then the S16 to see if I can hear a difference. I do know I used the S16 this past weekend on drums to try it out and thought it sounded fine.

• Members
Dealing with an SL16 problem now' date=' stopped communicating after a software update. Grrr. [/quote'] Did you try the normal things. Make sure the cat5e cable is ok with the ethercon ends showing continuity? Try aes50 B to check for a bad port? Redownload the 2.2 making sure the "read me file" was removed? Uninstall and reload 2.2.

• Members

Yes, both ports are affected. The cable is good, back-up cable displayed the identical symptoms. Customer is re-installing the firmware to see if by chance the original version is no longer compatible with the console (which may have a newer version).

• Members
Yes' date=' both ports are affected. The cable is good, back-up cable displayed the identical symptoms. Customer is re-installing the firmware to see if by chance the original version is no longer compatible with the console (which may have a newer version). [/quote']

I have the newest 3.08 on my Desk and the newest 2.2 on the DL16 / S16 and they work fine. The older Desk firmware may not talk to the new 2.2 as they worked on the connection problems with the entire DL line. Wanted better connection between the DL231 as an example but it may require the 3.08 firmware on the Desk to work. I honestly don't know for sure but I have the most current on both and they work great.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Dookietwo,

I really really was afraid of going without faders when I moved from my venerable MixWiz to my X32 Rack. I have to say, it was a really good move though. Mixing remotely has been a God send. The X32 Rack sits in (wait for it) a small rack ;) back by the drums usually (so the drum snake doesn't have to go too far), I have a tablet on my mic stand to mix from stage with, and have someone out front mixing things from the audiences perspective. I have the entire band on IEM's and it is the fastest, easiest, most reliable system I have ever had.

I know that many will never give up the control surface, but man, for quick and easy, going wireless is really sweet. My back has never been so happy ;)

Archived