An Audio Interface for Live Use with Guitar Rig 5

• Members

Hey,

For years I've either plugged my electric-acoustic into the mixer or mic'ed a small guitar amp through the mixer. Nothing elaborate, just barely adequate rhythm guitar and most of the vocals without falling down on stage and I'm a happy camper.

Now I've been given access to Guitar Rig 5 and Ableton Live Suite 970 (which I'm guessing is overkill for basic guitar amp modeling)

I've seen the Behringer 1/4 phone to usb cables and the Behringer UCA202 (best Behringer reviews) at MF and the Roland UM-ONE MK2 which looks good but is usb to midi instead of to 1/4 phone. All under $40 at MF. If it's much more, a new Fender Champion 20 is only $99.

The Bass player who offered me GR 5 has his own ideas of what I need but then he also kicks his shoes and socks off on stage. Best Bass and Keyboard player I've played with but it's like Geddy Lee's illegitimate "hick" half brother. He also thinks I should run GR 5 through the Ableton Live Suite.

I need advice from someone more knowledgeable than I am.

This would be used on an new Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 MB with a Realtek ALC1150 sound card. I'm guessing no ASIO drivers. I have a Thinkpad x201 with an Intel i5 duo (2.5ghz) and 4GB's but I don't know if that's hoss enough. Both running se7en, x64 on the Asus and x32 on the pad.

Really sorry about droning on and on.

McLane

EDIT - should this be in the "plug-in effects" forum¿

Archived