Ev Pl84s,Rode M2 or Audio-technica ATM-710?

• Members

Greetings to everyone. I am planning on buying a budget condenser mic. I am interested in these three models. I have a good price, and i want to know your experience, and help me choose the best one. I need the mic for live singing with the band, which has a drummer. Tell me, which one of the three would be the best, according to your experience? Thanks.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members

I have tried all three microphones and i bought audio technica atm710.it was much better then rode M2 and Beta 87a.Ev pl84 was a less crisp but it had better sensitivity.I found used atm710 for 80€ in other case it wouldnt be wrong to buy a new pl84!its also a great mic

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I've used the Rode M2, Audio Technica ATM710, Audio Technica AE5400 and Shure Beta 87a. I liked the Rode the least. I liked the Shure Beta87a but found myself using the Audio Technica ATM710 the most. I think the ATM710 is a bit of a sleeper mic and am surprised we don't hear about this mic more!

There verdict is not in on the AE5400 at the moment. It is definitely a nice mic but the Telefunken M80 and Audio Technica ATM710 are my go to's for vocals (Sennheiser e945 and e838 not far behind).

Archived